Need help with populating an input from a different element

Hello, I am trying to set up a workflow in which I press a button and the result from one element is populated in a different input. For example: I hit a button and the result from one calculation is populated into an input for a different calculation. Would anyone be able to help me with this? Thanks

This should be simple enough to do - and you might not necessarily need a workflow to do it, you can probably just set the initial content of one input to the value of the other (or some calculation based on it).

You might need to store the value in a custom state (in which case you will need to use a workflow)…

Of course if you want to use a workflow (so it only happens when a button is clicked) then using a custom state to store the value, then setting the second input’s initial content to that custom state’s value will be the way to go.

But it all depends on the details of what you’re trying to do, so I can’t give any specific help without more info.

But hopefully you can figure it out from here…

Thank you. I want the user to manually be able to populate the input or have it populate from the calculated result of another element. I want the user to be able to do either based on their preference. Any suggestions?

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.