Need to build a system arround my posting app

Hello, I am building a very simple game with a creative way of postings. I need to figure out how to do it. This game has 8 types of different posts. The tricky thing is that these posts have to follow a rule. The rule is that people are able to create a type A post only until they have created a certain number of type A posts, let’s say 5 post type A, to make a post type B. For a type C posts is going to be needed 2 type B posts, or 10 type A posts. Does anybody has an idea on how to make this work?
Here is how I organized my database. All the posts contents and the post with all the posts contents in.

And I create a page where the person can choose what type of post want to create, but I don’t want all to be seen. I need them to appear when the persona has created the number of posts it’s needed to create the next type.

This is actually pretty easy even though it looks difficult.

You’re going to want to work with conditions either in your workflow on the post-creation page or in the display using visible/invisible conditions.

To help you wrap your mind around this, picture a simple post button that you can’t click unless you’re logged in. You can either create a workflow that blocks the button if not logged in, or visually by hiding the post button if the user is logged out. Choice is yours.

For this situation, your conditions would just have to reference the “count” of each data type dependant on what you want.

So a condition like “create new Post B only when Current User’s Post A count > 10” etc.

1 Like

Thanks for the help. I am going to try with this simple, but great idea.

1 Like

Let us know how it goes!

1 Like

Hi, Wesfrank,

It’s me again. I started working on this app again and found another issue with this that you might be able to help me with. Is a great idea to use the count conditions to enable the other posts, but I need a condition that allows users to post 1 type B post each time 4 type A posts have been posted. This has to be accumulated if the user does not use it.
Do you have any idea how to do it?