Nested Data types search

Hi,

I have 3 levels of nested data types, Categories, Sub-Categories and Children. Both the Sub-category and Child have a field “Parent”, which is of a type of it’s parent, e.g. a sub-category’s parent is a Category and a Child’s parent is a Sub-Category.

However, I also have a data type of Attribute. Each level can have an attribute.

These categories, sub-cats and children make up a listing (it’s a marketplace I’m building). When I create a listing, the user selects a category, sub-category and child, and then I want to be able to show in a RG all attributes that is connected to any of the three levels. I can’t work out how to do this search, and any help would be grateful.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks, Mark

You can easily do that by creating options set (Parent, Sub, Child). In options set you can set the attributes and options for each category.

You can create the relationship among the options by setting the type of the options as other options see the screenshots below.

Screenshot_66

I am not clear about Attribute. But you can also an option set “Attributes” and create the relationship with other same way I mentioned above.

You can then show them in repeating group and search them.

Hope it helps.

1 Like

Thanks for this. I’ll give it a try!

Assuming you don’t have hundreds of items at each level…

Category has a data type of a list of sub-category.

Subcategory has a list of children.

Each one has a list of Attributes.

The you can merge categories’ attributes with category each items sub category each items attribute with each items sub category each items child each items attribute: unique items.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.