Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Nesting scheduled workflow APIs on a List

Hi,
I’m new in Bubble and evaluating the product through a prototype application. The application allows a requester, say a manager, to create a REQUEST (a thing that’s like a Purchase Order) and select ROLEs (things that are like the Products in the line items of an Order) for her direct reports.

The application then has to create a table with the required ASSETs ((like computers, software, etc. based on the ROLEs requested and the contents of another table that maps ROLE to ASSET. I called that table MAP. MAP will say something like ROLE X needs ASSET 1, 2 and 3. ROLE Y needs ASSET 1, 5 and 9 . (In the Purchase Order paradigm, ASSET is equivalent to the parts assembled together when you buy a Product)

I already built the screens to capture the initial REQUEST and the desired changes in ROLEs.

I want to create a list of ASSETs to add (remove) based on the ROLE assignments (or removals) requested by the requester, based on the MAP table of ROLE to ASSET.

I believe the I need to use the construct Schedule a workflow API on a List.

The way I see it, however, is that I’ll have to schedule a workflow API on a list (that has the ROLEs requested) and for each ROLE in that list I will have to invoke another workflow API on a list (of the MAP of ROLE to ASSET filtered by ROLE) to generate the required ASSET.

Is this the right way of addressing this problem or are there better ones? Can I do it with only one WF without having to nest? Will the limitations of 50 items per list be additive?

Many thanks in advance for your help!