New Course: iOS Mobile App Development!

Can you upload the app to the app store and keep it from being downloaded (temporarily)?

You can’t click anything in these windows in any browser here:

And please enable controls on these videos. It is hard to follow along and not be able to go back without starting the long video over.

Thank you.

Hey @JustinC,

Yes, you can upload apps to the App Stores without immediate publishing them.

And I also received you other email in regards to the video controls. We’re in the process of investigating, as it hasn’t been an issue in the past.

Are you not able to copy/paste the code? Other students haven’t had any issues with copy/paste. If not, I’ll look into that as well.

Finally, I’m going to have to ask that you don’t post images of our Premium courses in a public setting, such as a forum. It’s a violation of our copyright. Please remove the posted image.

Yes, I’m not able to copy the code. The field is not clickable or copyable.

Just curious, which browser are you using?

I tried with Chrome and Firefox and it is same on both.

I disabled a few questionable plugins like Grammerly and it still didn’t want to work. Field un clickable.

Just pushed some changes there for both the video controls and the code sections. Let me know if you have any more issues! :smile:

I noticed!! :slight_smile:

Hi @natedogg, are you using Webview to embed bubble app web page?

@smb4apps,

Correct! Webviews are used to create apps for both iOS and Android.

Hi @natedogg thanks for setting up these courses. I am trying to develop an MVP for a social app where people login, make posts, and have posts added to their profile automatically. Will your courses give me a start to understanding how to do this?

Hey @m.maccou,

Sounds like the Instagram clone course would be a great place to start for you. You’ll be able to use the same techniques for posting, images, text posts, and more to a user’s profile.

Additionally, when you’re ready to package and submit your app on the App Stores, the iOS/Android course will help you do just that.

Great course @natedogg. Important question here: the phonegap template that we are using in your course. It doesn’t store user credentials on the device, correct?

I’m assuming that the credentials are just stored in the cache of the web view (i.e. the browser native the desired platform). This would mean that if the cache is cleared, or the cookie times out, then the user would need to re-enter their credentials?

Hey @supernaturally,

The log in process works the same for both mobile apps and web apps built by Bubble.

With PhoneGap Build, the login session is stored on a device cookie. As long as you have the “Keep the user logged in” option selected, the user should stay logged in for a very long time, regardless of if the app is exited, etc.

I’ve had Bubble-built mobile apps where I’ve remained logged in after uninstalling the app completely and re-installing it.

1 Like

Looking at the site, it isn’t as reassuring as you might have hoped it would be for me. Aside from a great price on a course I’m interested in taking, I don’t see any value. I actually have a few questions about the course and was hoping you could help me see value in it. Please send me a direct message so we can discuss it.

Hey @abstractexperience,

I’ll send you a DM as well, but we’ve actually had many satisfied customers from all of the courses listed on the site.

By far, the mobile app course is the most popular, and I’d be happy to point you in the direction of some of the previous students’ apps. (Honestly, you can find more than a few just by searching the forum.)

By no means is this course the absolute only way to create a mobile app using Bubble. But, for many without a technical background, or that just don’t have the time to learn the entire process themselves, it has helped them get apps in the app store much faster and cheaper than they otherwise would have.

@natedogg Hey there, I am trying to purchase the course Create a mobile app with Bubble, Can you tell where do i insert the promo code bubble-forum.

Thanks

@natedogg I was going to purchase the instagram course but then it shows $19$19.00 Can you fix it? i dont want to pay $1919 lol

Hey @cool,

Terribly sorry, there isn’t a place to input that code anymore, as it was from when we were subscription-based. Since then, we’ve moved to a single purchase model, where you outright own the lessons and any updates forever once you’ve purchased.

Unfortunately, it seems that I can’t edit this post anymore to remove that part.

Shoot me an email at nate@codelessacademy.com and I’ll see what I can do.

Hey @sanandresano,

Don’t worry that’s just a formatting error with the label of the button. I’ll work on fixing that.

Don’t worry, you won’t get charged $1919, we’ve had many others purchase it with no problem lol :laughing: