[New Extension] Bulk import from CSV file for Option Set

Hello,

It is not possible to use current extension for a dedicated server. It should be separate extension which is adapted to your specific URL or I need to add an ability to set custom URL for the existing one, but in any case it will be paid solution. We can discuss it in DM if you are interested.

@arturio
Hi, thank you for developing this useful plugin.

I tried to use the plugin to import data described in Japanese, but it didn’t go well.
(Both ordinary csv and UTF-8 csv didn’t go well)

In detail,
when uploading UTF-8 csv file, only 9 data of 1,900 data were successfully imported by this plugin.
And when uploading ordinary csv file, all data were successfully imported even though all the characters were garbled.

I would really appreciate if you could tell us how to solve this problem.

Best,

Oh wow that’s awesome. I want that!

Could you send me the example of file and data which you try to import? I will try to check.

Thank you for your kind reply.

The excel files are attached in the links below.
All the Japanese city and town lists are stored.

【ordinary csv】
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O7tHw4JVpoHmgeXx7tBZROWm7wNNvXcJ/view?usp=drive_link

【UTF-8 csv】
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jQlSHxz5lvFmdyiisDaPCNehZWtzHSB9/view?usp=drive_link

Best,

Hi @arturio can I also get access to the extension please?

1 Like

Hey @arturio - great extension!

I’ve used it before no problem, but today the ‘Upload csv file’ button isn’t clickable.

Any idea what’s going on?

Please try to reload the page. And try to create new option set without emoji and check if it works.
Maybe the problem is an emoji at the beginning of the name but I’m not sure.

Hi @arturio

I am sorry to bother you, but have you found any solutions about this topic?

I would really appreciate it if you could reply.

hello @sksk ,
Good news! I just found the solution for this problem! I will try to provide you the result in coming hours.

Ok, I don’t have time at the moment to update the extension today. Even if I have time, google support should approve changes and it can take several days.
What I propose is to copy Option sets from my test bubble application to your application. I know it is possible, but I didn’t do it before. You can create some test application and share access with me and I will move Japan cities to your application.

@arturio
Thank you for your kind reply!!!

I’m sure it’s a lot of work to copy Option sets from your test bubble application to my application, so I’ll wait for you to apply to Google for the change and for Google to grant it.

Also, I would like to use the extension that imports attributes, but I wonder if it is possible to use the extension even for data written in Japanese, as in this case.

For example, if I use the extension, is it possible to create Option sets that link Attribute of prefectures written in Japanese to the data of Japanese cities written in Japanese?

Best,

@sksk it is simple enough to copy Option sets - just one click “copy” button on one page and one click “paste” on another page.
But if you are ok with waiting until extension will be updated, I will notify you as soon as it will be done. But it can take 1 or 2 weeks.

It is not possible to connect attributes with another Option set using my extension. Only text and number attributes types are supported at the moment.

@arturio

Hi, I got it. Probably, I have to set up several option sets at some point in the future.
So, I would refrain from leaving all the registration to you every time.

I can wait for 1 or 2 weeks, so I would appreciate it if you could update the extention.

It is not possible to connect attributes with another Option set using my extension. Only text and number attributes types are supported at the moment.

Sorry for my poor English, but I would like to make “one” Option sets which have “two text attuributes” like attached image files below.
I think it could be done by your extention. Is this correct?

Best,

Yes, it is correct. Text attributes are supported by the extension.

Hey @arturio

Thanks for the plugin.
Is it still possible to have the link for the plugin with premium features?

Thanks for your help and time.
Best regards

I added the page where anyone can buy the access to extension with ability to import attributes.
Now it has fixed price $13 until I will add new features. Please follow this link - https://www.buymeacoffee.com/uasupport/extras

@arturio

Thank you for adding the page!!

Is my understanding correct that if I purchase the extension from this page after the application to Google for Japanese character support is approved, I will be able to create an option set that connects City(text) and Prefecture(text) as shown above?

Best,

@arturio
Hi, It has been about two weeks since you applied to google for an extension that also supports the Japanese version of Option sets.

We would appreciate it if you could reply to me about the progress of the application and your answers to the following question that I asked you before.

Is my understanding correct that if I purchase the extension from this page after the application to Google for Japanese character support is approved, I will be able to create an option set that connects City(text) and Prefecture(text) as shown above?

If the $13 extension you offered above has already been updated to support the Japanese language, I will purchase it as soon as possible.

Best,

Hi @sksk,

Unfortunately I didn’t finish with fixes for Japanese, I was on sick leave for a long time.
I plan to finish during the next week.

The paid extension will allow to import option sets with two text attributes (City and Prefecture).