[New Feature] Audio recorder element

Very exciting !

Can we grab length of recording somehow?

Thanks to Emmanuel and John!

1 Like

@emmanuel question (idea) : Can we grab length of recording somehow? I forgot about that one… but with the JPlayer will be nice.

We can make it available once a recording has been completed, but before the upload. We’ll add that.

1 Like

Terrific. This will be very useful!

1 Like

Now if we could have that streaming speech sent to Google or Watson for processing, this would be awesome, without the need to hack it together like @gurun did to get the text into a bubble element Any way of adding voice to text integration in bubble? (ie. Nuance).

Here’s the google demo.
https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/demos/speech.html

Here’s the Watson demo.
https://speech-to-text-demo.mybluemix.net/

2 Likes

Kfawcett: I think that would require another extension in bubble if you dont want to “hack” it like you refer to.

If you feel the usability does not suffer from it then the current bubble implementation of the audio recording should be quite doable to connect to bubble.

That said, that flow would be:

1. Record audio file in browser with new bubble addon
  2. Audio file transferred and saved to bubble backend
  3. Sending audio file via API connector to watson or asking watson to download it from URL
  4. Watson processing
  5. Content from watson sent back into bubble backend
  6. Bubble presentation of content back to end user

The downsides with this as per my opinion is that you could suffer a significant delay since the flow is this “complex”.

In the perfect world where you would want the transcribed content presented to the end user as fast as possible you would have a direct streaming of audio to watson which starts the moment you press record. Thus skipping probably at least 3 intermediary steps in the above list.

I am with you Gurun. I do not want to wait, I want the processing to happen in real time. I like the bridge you built, just in the spirit of Bubble, was wondering if it was something that could be “baked” in, instead having to use an HTML element.

1 Like

So it would still happen from frontend directly to Watson, generating tokens on the backend and keeping that token in local state for you as a user when you send the data directly from your frontend to watson.

Maybe @emmanuel could give us an opinion of (approximately) how complex he sees such a bubble addon would be in terms of costs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d be happy to help if you can formulate the question? out of context it’s a bit hard to help.

@emmanuel, see fifth post up. Examples for Google and Watson are provided that show how “Streaming” speech can be changed to text on the fly – go to either link, press the record/microphone button and start talking. Gurun was able to create a “bridge” to allow for this to work and pass the data to a Bubble input field, but it’s not something built in and requires an HTML element with javascript.

[New Feature] Audio recorder element

If i understand the question, you’re asking if we support this? We don’t and don’t have plans for this currently.

I know it’s not supported – was asking if it could be added – and now I have the answer. I will use @gurun’s solution.

Thanks @emmanuel and @JohnM, you’ve made my day! This is exactly something I was waiting for.

Unfortunately, when testing this plugin, I only get a blank box (background colour and nothing else) in the editor - in the test version preview and in the deployed version.

I’ve tried deleting and readding the plugin, but I’ve still just got a blank box with the background colour. Can you please help me?

1 Like

Hi @richardosborne14, It look simple when we are in :slight_smile:
The Recorder A is the first step. After, you have to create your buttons (Play, Rec-Stop, and upload) and workflows.

The screen Recorder A just show the color voice display or play.

1 Like

D’oh! Didn’t realise it was a container. I’ll try it out asap and let you know…

Got it, thanks for the help! Any advice on how to use the generated url to let me hear the user’s audio?

You probably find it at this time… create the file name, and access it with CirclePlayer. But you have to upload the content first (take 2-3 seconds), and then, listen the final result.

Ahh. I had same problem. This screenshot need to be in documentation or at top of this post.

1 Like

Hi All!

Suddenly found out that the Audio Capture feature is not working on mobile.
This response says that this browser is not supporting the Sound Capturing.

Is this as per design, or I’m doing something wrong?
I tried that on both - Safari and Chrome mobile, and get the same response on both.

Vlad.

GM at Bubblewits - Bubble Certified Partner

http://bubblestore.io – a place to buy Bubble templates for landing pages, e-commerce, workflows, APIs etc.
http://iambubble.com - one page Bubble demo
http://builtonbubble.com - Collection of apps built on Bubble

2 Likes