[New Feature - Beta] API Connector and OAuth2 APIs

A run mode link, at least, would be helpful.

1 Like

@gaurav @csblack It may be an issue if your nested list (and Instagram endpoint) requires at least 2 users to see any data. To pull nested objects ensure that you have at least 2 users that are authorized Sandbox users and that they’ve “Accepted” being a Sandbox user. By having at least 2 Sandbox users you’ll see the API response you’re expecting.

I had this issue and only the Meta Code was being returned. After adding a second Sandbox user and calling the nested objects again I was able to pull more values in.

In Sandbox mode I’m able to access all the endpoints and scopes.

@Emmanuel helped me to see this by showing me the actual response for a specific endpoint call. I assumed all was working since other nested objects were pulling the correct values. It turns out I needed two Sandbox users to make it work for the particular endpoint I was using.

2 Likes

We added a way to see the raw response in the popup to help with this kind of things.

2 Likes

OAuth with Uber - Basic Use Case

1. Users register and login to my App.
  2. They can book a ride with Uber.

I reviewed the Uber API documentation. The section specific to Authentication with OAuth 2.0 is available here.

I have set up the Bubble API connector:

More about the section marked with a RED box, later in this post.

The user flow for the app is as follows.

1. User register / login

2. User clicks on book a ride (OAuth)

Issue #1: Redirect URI setup in Uber.

For the OAuth process to start, I need to append in redirect URI the bubble User ID like so:

Question 1: After the OAuth connection is set up and working, what should I put as the redirect URI in Uber? I’m guessing it should point to the page and I should completely remove any reference to a user.

Success #1: After setting up the redirect as describe above, and configuring the Bubble API connector, the user is redirected to the Uber login page :slight_smile:

Success # 2: Once the user logs into Uber, they are presented with the permission screen. :slight_smile:

Success # 3: Once the user clicks on Allow, the control is passed back to the Bubble

Issue #2: I get the following error, see attached error message and log from debugging tool.

I get this error irrespective of whether the checkbox in Bubble API connector is ticked

or not

As per the Uber OAuth documentation, it supports Basic Auth - though I might be confusing two similar but unrelated things. . .

Any help in troubleshooting this issue would be much appreciated!

@madras
We’ve pre-configured the Uber API on www.widgets.airdev.co
You’re welcome to copy the configuration and start using uber api (make sure to check the instructions on the api preview page for detailed guidance).

Hope this helps !

1 Like

I’ve made this forum post

Do you have any information on what those parameters mean?

I’m trying to set up OAuth2 login flow for Dwolla. I was able to get things working in the Postman environment, but I don’t quite understand what I need to do to get things working in the Bubble environment.

I was able to “Modify call types” and get a valid response when building the API connector, but when I try to add the call the plugin in the workflow to make an action, it’s not showing up. Either I’m not understanding something about the setup or there is some bug ( I was able to get other plugins to show up though)

Here’s an image to complement what I already have setup.

In a nutshell, I just want to be able to click a button that triggers an OAuth2 signing in event for the user. I cannot make the button trigger anything because the plugin isn’t showing up as an option in the workflow.

You need to change the “use as:” from Data to action to be able to use it in a workflow. :slight_smile:

thank you,

i am able to get the action to show up now.

i’m not sure if this is just a dwolla problem, but i notice that for the header needed for the API, I needed to insert an access token. The OAuth process works when I enter in a temporary access token given from the Dwolla App. But as stated, it is a temporary working token, and that would require me to manually to update the token to make sure a working one is in the system. Is there a way to automatically change the token value for the header? Or is there something I’m conceptually not understanding about how the OAuth process works?

I’ll try to attach the image correctly this time. So in summary, in the “Authorization” key header, I needed to add a token that will always expire in less than an hour.

:raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

1 Like

hi Nigel!

Did you finally get Google Calendar API to work?

Google Apps offer so many features that people would gladly use, yet I’m still having a very hard time with trying to understand whether or not we can do the integration to the various Google APIs, starting with the authentication.
Would appreciate if you could share your latest view on how things are.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Not via this method no. I stopped as soon as OAUTH APIs came out for Bubble.

Haven’t tried Calendar yet, but got a basic /me page to bring back data.

Does this work for mobile apps? I want to authenticate and pull photos from instagram.

What are the chances of getting OAuth 1.0a support?
Needed for Xero.

Hi Ali and Emmanuel,

This is exactly what I am looking for, Bubble as authenticator.
Could you send a brief guide about how to setup this api? this would be so helpful.

1. Create a 3rd party app and get the app_id and secret (done)
  2. Go to API connector setup Auth as Agent flow (done) … more details on setup are welcome
  3. Login_redirect Url (done)
  4. Access_token_endpoint: here I am not sure (please explain)
  5. User_profile_endpoint: also confusing (please help)

Thank you!
Sam

I have been searching for documentation in order to do that but could find much info. I want my users from RocketChat to authenticate with their Bubble App credentials. RopcketChart supports OAUTH authentication with third APIs, but I could not fnd much info on the right endpoints and URLs I should be using.

2 Likes

Hi,

Any update on this feature?
I’m looking forward to having some clues on how to set it up.

Samir

Likewise, no info out there. Let me know if you find something @Sam?

1 Like

Still waiting, too. @emmanuel, do you have any news about this topic?

1 Like

Absolutely no answer on this request for the last 6 months.
The only way I am considering is to use firebase as database and go through their Oauth 2.0 to achieve this dream. big job though …
Bubble seems to have a way but no tuto is shared. hope to get it one day!