[New Feature] [Beta] CSV Upload Overhaul

could you advise on what characters are not allowed? When i run my file through a UTF-8 validator it comes back clean…

@andyestridge I am not sure of the best tool, but I found that it was on line 191 of your file

1 Like

Great improvement.

When implementing this did it also increase speeds for exporting data as a csv file? I exported data yesterday and it was a lot faster than the prior time.

Thanks @ed727. Regarding exports, I haven’t done anything to explicitly speed those up; however, there has been a lot of work behind-the-scenes this month which could definitely have generated speedups on that front.

1 Like

Great !!! Thanks !

This is great - any plans to roll this out on the front-end as well? It’d be more than helpful if my users could benefit from the same functionality and increased limits.

2 Likes

@cal
I know you mentioned that it would only scan a few rows for errors. Do we have the possibility to have it go ahead and scan the whole thing? Without that ability, I could waste a ton of time going back and forth trying to find errors.

@cal would you mind having a look at my earlier question? Would help me out a lot!

Hi,

I just followed the Bubble’s manual, but my data raws are left blank after the upload.

Do you ever experienced something similar ?

Cheers !

Robin

When you went through the upload process, did you select which categories to import for which variables (step 2), or just upload it?

Oh, I saw the placeholder “Field to ignore” so I left this dropdown as it appeared. Could I select both filed type n°1 et 2 ?

I mean, we do have to select them ? I understood the exact opposite.

Yes, you have to select them if done from the database side. It can be smart with suggestions to help and, if done from the live/test site will do it automatically if formatted perfectly.

I do not understand, I can’t select both field type… :confused:

set your delimiter to ; instead of ,

1 Like

SOLVED ! Thank you very much ! @klaas.vanhoeck1

I’m running into validation issues trying to upload data from a CSV. It’s uploading to a “Business” thing that has a list field called “Business Locations” (a list of geographic locations). For some reason the validation keeps failing and says it “doesn’t have the type geographic address”. But it’s just the city and state (example: Shreveport, LA).

It recognizes the city,state as a geographic address when I edit an item in the database manually, just can’t pass validation from a CSV. Is it because it’s a list and not just one address? (In my app, a business might have more than one location so I need a list). Is this a bug? Any advice?

I am having trouble with this feature. I have added in the CSV file and it has sat on the validate data … please wait for about 10 mins. Any help on this, the file isn’t big 4 col. and 165 rows.

1 Like

Are there any plans to increase the run time version of uploading a CSV ? 200 still seems very very low to import in things like bank records or even employee expenses.

1 Like

I wanted to give my feedback for CSV upload as well. It doesn’t seem logical to cut off the upload halfway when an error is detected, but still keeping the previous rows.

The idea suggested by other posters to skip the error line is slightly better, but if you have many error rows, this may result in a loss of many data you want to upload. The previous method of doing all error checking at the start is much more efficient, not having to go back and forth.