[New Feature] Multiple versions

Impossible? No, but there’s a bit of a learning curve. Let’s not clutter this thread with talk of a competitor, I’d rather have a new thread going so we can keep this focused on the good news of the versioning!

1 Like

This discussion is frankly enough for me. I won’t write unless there’s a special question.

Thank you for additional explanation @andrewgassen

You could say it louder but not clearer.

2 Likes

Hey everyone, I just posted this in another thread, more specific about pricing.

let’s have the pricing conversation there so that it’s all in one thread. Happy to explain why we felt we had to do this in more details.

2 Likes

I’m seeing the same thing, and the live version randomly asks users to update, even though no update was pushed.

Hey @jcindy81,

Bubble team mentioned their on it. Check this for status on both bugs:

and this

1 Like

First - thank you. We needed this.

Second - Thank you for raising your prices @emmanuel. I do think you should do some backtracking on the personal plans (the people over on the recent pricing thread have a point).

But from a B2B standpoint, we were always at least a tiny bit afraid you’d go under b/c the prices were just too low.

For all the haters, we pay significantly more for our CRM than we do for our platform and while we do need a CRM and it helps us increase our revenue, none of it would be possible without bubble.

Thanks for doing what you’re doing. We need your team.

1 Like

awesome :slight_smile: thank youuuu

I don’t see any hate. Just people being annoyed.

And I think we should keep it that way.

2 Likes

Large does not mean lots of paying users. Apps can be large when they are waiting to scale. Dropping this down a level would be really really really smart. Even if you reduce the number of possible versions.

I worry that you don’t really understand how your users use your product.

8 Likes

Thank you!!

I have it in Personal (legacy) plan.

Nop, you don’t.

You have a link to create a new version, but when you click on it you are kindly reminded that you are a pleb and that you should pay 100$/month more to have one development version.

Very reasonable.

1 development version → 100$/month
20 development versions → 500$/month

Still waiting for Bubble to realise this is not good for anyone and that all CORE development features should be available in all paid plans.

In the meantime, we can go back at providing shitty deployments and change management to our users.

Hmm!
And new prices!
I am switching to Wappler with some of my new projects.

Yeah. I’ve seen quite a few bubblers in their forums recently.

I am still hoping they change their minds. To be honest I prefer sticking with Bubble after so many hours invested in learning their tech. But if they don’t I will have to consider seriously alternatives for my personal projects and my clients.

1 Like

Exactly right.

If you are a new customer on the ‘Personal’ plan paying $25 per month, to upgrade to the next plan for ‘Professional’ its then $115…thats a 360% increase per month you’ll need to pay, this is a huge jump to level up.

1 Like

And that is if you are in an annual contract.
In monthly it’s worse.

My figures are literally reflecting the jump in monthly basis.

29 to 129 to 529

So 100$ for 1 Dev version and 500$ for 20 Dev versions.

Insane. To be honest I really don’t see why those 20 versions are not available for all plans. The amount of versions you are working on doesn’t have anything to do with the major feature you get with plans(units of power) nor with the amount of collaborators. Yes. Collaborators can take advantage of versions. But I could easily be working on 5 different versions to keep things tidy as a single developer.

So now what I have to do is work with dozens of different hobby plans for the same app. Copying app and data between them.

In what business plan does that make any sense?

As I don’t have 20 development versions on my personal plan. I workaround it by duplicating into dozens of hobby plans and consuming bubble resources. And I don’t even pay for those resources!

I`m a huge fan of Bubble, but in the meantime learned Wappler, just for test. Seams that I felt that changes are coming.
Its no problem with this versioning. Let Bubble restrict the use of that to more expensive plans, but why to change the price of Personal plan when there is no chance to use this novice anyway.?
And yes, they are fair to let us have a Legacy price for existing projects.

1 Like

I kindly and respectfully disagree.

Just want to say - this way we can finish at much higher prices every time they discover something.