[New Feature] Multiple versions

Hey Eve;

It is good that old applications are not affected by the raise, but the raise always triggers another. Yes, we now have the hike of templates and plugin fees, next. I am neither a template maker nor an plugin, but I buy or subscribe to those items. I was wondering if there was an increase in their commissions?

Great feature and thanks Bubble.

BUT very disappointed that this feature isn’t for all paid plans.
I think Bubble needs to reconsider this version control as an essential bubble feature for both apps and plugins too.
Whenever you discover a bug and are in the middle of development you can’t just do a quick fix.

This has led to several plugins and apps living with bugs just because the developers are in the middle of developing some features.

Happy that this feature exists but very dissappointed its not for all paid plans.

I will appeal to Bubble to consider rolling limited versions of this feature to lower plans. If it means allowing only 2 branches just for the purpose of providing quick fixes when in a middle of development (both app and plugins).
Thanks

18 Likes

@seanhoots
you can already push specific change. But sometimes it’s a lot more complicated. I agree that this may be available for any paid plan with collaborators. (at least, one version for each collaborators)

1 Like

Completely agree with you here.

The new feature looks great, its been on the radar for a long time on the roadmap, being a drawback for multi-users or scaling apps, so this has been a hugely anticipated addition and very welcome. But the fact this is locked off at the top end of the plans is really quite disappointing ,I’m sorry to say. This is such an essential feature and for other plans to be left without it feels like a big let down. I could understand if the ‘versions’ were limited e.g. ‘Personal = 4’, ‘Professional = 8’, this would seem much more justified?

As much as the price increases to the tiers was inevitable, the price spikes to all the plans has certainly taken me by surprise of the increased amounts. I can understand there are few feature improvements (more data, extended range on backups) made to certain plans, but the ‘Personal’ plan has increased by 80% and there has been no changes to the features list that I can see?

As a huge fan of Bubble, this good news is being outweighed by the bad I’m afraid…

8 Likes

Hey @eve, what’s the pricing for additional storage only? If I have an image intensive app, can I pay for extra storage but not “capacity”? There’s no mention that I can see of additional storage cost.

1 Like

Yes the “Deploy specific changes” feature can be very tricky to use and can break your app. The issue checker that prevents deploying when there are unaddressed issues is bypassed so it’s easy to deploy with issues.
Another issues that can result quoting bubble themselves :

So like you rightly said, it can get complicated and if care is not taking you will break your app.

2 Likes

I still don’t understand something. Bubble is now growing and spreading, why is there the need for a huge price increase. Of course, all new investors and the Bubble team are thinking about increasing profitability. However, an addition could be made to the plans.

Thus personal plans would not have seen the enormous increase as they have.

Something I propose is:
Hobby Free,
Hobby with a custom domain,
Personal (could replace the professional plan),
Professional - (would be fair with additional capacity)
Then the other plans.

No one’s ever been so upset by this.

4 Likes

It’s really disappointing to see such huge price increases. The personal plan is nearly double what it used to be. Price increases of 15-30% I think most people can take but nearly 100% feels abusive.

6 Likes

I think these significant price increases, without significant value add, makes Wappler much more appealing every day with no vendor lock-in, ability to quickly create native/desktop apps with Cordova/Election built in, multiple standard frameworks like Bootstrap and Framework7, Git/Github available as a core feature. The only downside is time to learn it as a new tool and managing your own infrastructure (although I actually prefer to have more control over infra).

1 Like

Maybe you’re right, @Kfawcett . You’ve already emphasized “time.” Bubble isn’t my primary job yet, I’m trying to make it happen. I already have a company that I manage and I work with Bubble in my spare time. I must have plenty of time and a good teacher or too many tutorials to learn a new platform. No matter how much I complain, I will continue to use Bubble, at least for now.

I am still hoping @bubble rethinks this calmly and hears out the community.

But yes…wappler was the second thing that crossed my mind just after reading today’s email.

When you get investors on the board they start “suggesting” things. And to be honest this move starts to look suspiciously as a pivot towards high-ticket users.

It is cost effective to support less users with a high-ticket product than thousands of users with low-ticket products.

I urge Bubble to think about their original mission: to democratise app creation.

Not all Bubble users have a standard US income. 25$ a month may seem like nothing in New York. But in some countries it is half a month’s salary.

3 Likes

Thank God you mentioned this because I have 3 paid bubble apps so these increases would have hurt me a lot :woozy_face:

I’ve also noticed that the pricing for capacity boosts have increased. For a lot of people (including me) it means I’ll have to spend less on subscribing to plugins.

Hi @eve, can I just confirm: If, for example, I’m paying for the “personal plan” currently, and later decide I’d like to upgrade to the OLD “professional” plan, I’ll be locked into the old pricing still?

Don’t count on that. During the last pricing scheme change you could stay on your legacy plan or move to the new plans. But no more changing between legacy plans.

Edit: I can confirm the above to you. There is no option in the editor to change between legacy plans. It’s either what you currently have or pay more money.

@bubble It would have been nice, fair and transparent of you guys to give a warning on price changes so users could change plans in the legacy system.

Normally transparent companies announce price changes week/months in advance.

1 Like

It’s going to be hard to “democratise” when investors give you money.
Investors don’t want to change the world. They want to make money.
Bubble made a smart decision not to go for outside money from the onset. They wouldn’t have been where they are now because investors will have been on their neck to quickly get a return on their investment.
I think their timing for getting funding was right as it was time for them to really grow.
But this comes at a price. Hopefully they don’t start scaring people away like the price hikes in Dropsource that caused some users to leave the platform.

Personally I feel even their current pricing is “relatively” reasonable. My only fear is that pressure from investors may cause them to continue jacking up prices to a point it may not appeal to many.

For now my concern is more on why such an essential software development feature will only be available to the top plan making it inaccessible to about 80% (could be more) of users.
Just to throw this in, version control is a standard feature available to everyone in wappler.

4 Likes

I will let @eve Confirm, but if you change your plan, you will need to choose between current plan. Not old plan. (Actually, your plan will be with “(legacy)” at the end. All other plan available are current plan.

They will probably have to hire a new copywriter and make new interviews.

I invested time and money on Bubble because it was a great product with a noble and humble mission.

I am a B-corp type of guy. I was emotionally attached to Bubble because of their mission and vision. Their bootstrap mentality matched their mission. They were walking the talk.

Now, first taking investors money and now this investor-justified price increase makes me think their mission has changed. And with that my emotional link with them.

I might stay with bubble product if it covers my needs, but if they continue this path I am for sure putting a stop on helping people out here in the forum or any type of emotional linked involvement. Rest assured that I will keep being a no-code evangelist. But not anymore a Bubble evangelist.

They can hire more support agents(“happiness heroes”) and sales people with those 6 million to do that.

6 Likes

Yep, in my poorly managed country 1$ = R15 …

1 Like

But @JonL, the platform hasn’t change. It still let anyone build a web app.
I think the statement in their mission statement was referring to know-how which still applies.

But yeah it’s anyone with the means now.

1 Like

@rynardwakefield I’m so sorry for this :disappointed_relieved: