[New Feature] New Event: Do when condition is true

Nope @david4. I 'll have to get help for this, or wait a new feature.

@steinhausler How would (or did) you increment the ā€œrow_counterā€ custom state? Iā€™m trying to do that and canā€™t figure out how to set state to say +1 ???

@NicolasDap, Have you, or has anyone accomplished this? I am waiting on a stubborn api.

Accomplished a LOOP using Do This Every 0.1 seconds. Set a State to 0 then increment it by 1. And do when condition is <21. I also added a ā€œflagā€ so it does not run when page is first loaded. So the condition is (<21 and flag = yes). Runs perfectly and able to run 20 workflows when I set counter to 0 and flag to yes. Of course 21 could be dynamic. Make sure your conditions are met and donā€™t go on for ever.

1 Like

This is a really good solution; thank you for posting it. I was struggling to find a way to perform a batch of sequential external API calls to build up a benchmark database, and this seems to do the trick. Iā€™m happy to spread the calls out so as to not cause a system spike; I just donā€™t want to have to do each one manually one by one.

What I did for my app (FeatureScripts for Onshape) was make two looping pages:

• One filled data from Onshapeā€™s API, then redirected to another page.
  • The other page then redirected back to the first page, sending it some data to fill.

When there was no data to refill, the second page redirected to index

what would be the difference in ā€œPage is Loadedā€ workflow vs ā€œDo when condition is true - Just onceā€ workflow? I hope someone can still answer even though Iā€™m late on this topic :slight_smile:

The ā€˜Page is Loadedā€™ only runs when you actually load the page for the first time, or whenever you use the Go to Page action (even if on the same page). The Do when Condition is true event can be triggered by any condition being true, no matter when it happens, as long as the page remains open.

The Just once setting simply tells Bubble to only trigger the event one time, or every time the condition equals true.

1 Like

@NicolasDap great idea about ā€œ* hide/show a spinner popup ā€œpage is loadingā€ according to the loading of a particular repeating groupā€

people have posted trouble with getting spinners to load in workflows

do you mind attaching screenshots of your idea? for example, what is the the conditional for loading a repeating group, or a unique id in a page? thank you in advance :wink:

-jenny

Would anyone know whether this runs on the front end or back end? I added this function to my app and the load time seems to have gotten slower. Could just be me though.

1 Like

Good question! I am also curious about this?

Furthermore, if this workflow action can be used when user is signed up, and if privacy settings are applied, so not to force user to refresh the page, as to see the data (privacy protected for logged out users), but rather to use this "When condition is true (Current user Logged in), to somehow display the data in the text element without a refreshing the page?

Thanks!

Thank you. This sort of clarity ought to be in the official bubble documentation. The bubble documentation appears to be written by non-technical minds.