I haven’t seen this mentioned so I wanted to notify everyone:
An Option set’s display text (the built in attribute) will keep the original name for search results. Even after you change it.
Example: I have an Option set for Colors. If I change “Red” to “Rojo” bubble will retain the original name of “Red” for search results. “Rojo” will never appear in results - even after the change.
I have a data type of Cars and a field for Colors which is a type: Option Set. And I selected the “Colors” option set.
If I use an input to run a search on a repeating group, where the search is performed as “any field contains” bubble will always search for the original name of that option - not the new one.
Here you can see if my users search for “Red” all of the things with a “Rojo” color show up in results.
And then if my users search for “Rojo” nothing appears in the results.
Here’s a public editor. Feel free to add a new color to the option set, change the name of that color, and see for yourself.
A bug report was submitted with this editor. Bubble confirmed the behavior. I’ll update this thread if bubble pushes out a fix.
I’m not sure what my plan is for now. I guess it’s to create another field that just mirrors the option sets name. This way if I change the name of the option set, the mirrored text field will help my users find the correct results.
Thought it was worth mentioning to the group. Hopefully this saves you time.
(sorry if this was mentioned before)