[New Feature] Password strength on inputs

I would be interested in hearing a Bubble response to your critique. Many years ago the infamous white hat hacker Samy Kamkar said that long text string passwords (ie song lyric PW combos “twinkeltwinklelittlestarhowiwonder” “takemetoparadisecitywherethegrass”) are often just as and/or more secure that memorizing impossible to remember short passwords (“ezXab@Um$” or “Bluecar52?”) with weird symbols.

Any thoughts from you or anyone on that approach?

1 Like

I am struggling to show the alert text for Weak password, Medium password and strong password.

I am trying to add a condition for this by displaying Text ‘Weak password’ when the password strength is between 0 - 33, but I can’t get the function to work?

Why not just use Input password’s password strength > 0 and Input password’s password strength < 33.

The way you are using the ← range → operator is incorrect. You just created a range from password strength to 0, then collected the minimum of that range, and created a new range from that number to 25, and then collected the maximum.

To use range for this, which I think is unnecessary, is to first create a range (possibly as a custom state) from 0 to 33 and named it “weak range”. Then, you can do something like Input password’s password strength is contained in “weak range”

1 Like

Thank you for explaining so clearly. Yes, your solution makes total sense, much appreciated!

1 Like

Screenshot (445)

I think there is a problem wrong with bubble password strength function, it doesn’t work

somebody pls help me out

try replacing and with or

This is a good find @PineappleJoe. Even at 18 characters, all lowercase, it would take a bad actor nearly 20 million years to solve that hash. (Although howsecureismypassword.net came up with that figure before Nvidia announced the 4080 so that’s probably dropped by a few million years.) It is sad nobody ever replied to address this.

Password strength seems not to be noticing underscore as a special character?