[New Feature] Reusable Element Properties

Hi everyone!

We’re excited to share that reusable elements now come with customizable properties, making it so that a single reusable element can be repurposed in many ways. With this added flexibility, your library will be easier to maintain — you may even notice opportunities to consolidate some of your existing reusable elements!

Instead of having a fixed data type attached to your reusable element, you can set up properties to assign dynamic data, including page-level data. You can set up as many properties as you need, each with individual data types.

Once your reusable element is placed on the canvas, you can specify the value of any parameters or customizable properties with page-level data so that the reusable element is contextually aware.

For example, if you want to make a reusable card for an event listings page, in some cases you might want the card to show information for a vendor, while in other cases, you might want it to show information about a venue. Instead of creating two distinct reusable cards, you can now create one and customize the properties on each instance of the reusable element.

This is one of many improvements on our product roadmap focused on making it easier to manage apps as they scale in size and complexity. We’re excited to hear how you incorporate reusable element properties into your apps and any feedback you have. Thanks so much!

109 Likes

Awesome!

:smiley:
:+1:

6 Likes

Holy smokes, Christmas came early today :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

What??? Awesome!!! :rocket: :rocket: :rocket:

3 Likes

Awesome stuff and super useful.

However, finding it super buggy to get dynamic data types working with a default value:
2023-08-17_18-22-20 (1)

Also side note, can we have the ‘Input Type’ width full, so its the same as the ‘Label’ say, otherwise looks a bit odd and truncates, thanks.

9 Likes

Also when referencing the reusables custom properties via the dynamic composer (new version) it heavily lags and often crashes resulting in needing to page reload :frowning_face:

1 Like

New features are always appreciated

3 Likes

Amazing!! Real Game changer

2 Likes

@boston85719 ought to be on payroll stress testing new features before they drop lmao it’s always something :skull:

1 Like

Now, this is cool :fire:

2 Likes

Fantastic update and much needed. Thank you @kate.mcnally and the Bubble team!

2 Likes

This is exciting. Was very much needed. Thanks!

Can the “properties” be given dynamic expressions as values or are they like custom states which can only be changed via workflows?

Please say it is the former one.

1 Like

@luke2 Thanks for surfacing this feedback! For the default value, I was able to repro and looks like this is happening only with the new composer version; we will be working on a fix.

4 Likes

Properties can be set to dynamic expressions!

8 Likes

Incredible, thank you so much

5 Likes

Awesome update! Thank you very much

2 Likes

I still remember when I asked for this six months ago. Hallelujah!

3 Likes

This is amazing! Literally was the #1 thing we discussed wanting most from Bubble at the last Atlanta Bubble Meetup! It’s like y’all were listening!!

Thanks!!!

2 Likes

Interesting! I have so many duplicates of RUE’s in my app. Can’t wait to try this out! Would help with all the conditions and set state rules I needed in the past.

Anyone try this yet in production?

1 Like

Great feature release!

2 Likes