New features announcements & latest deployments

correct

Thanks, it was the use of the word “element” that threw me, Bubble also uses it to refer to something on a page.

is there any way to have a horizontal fixed cell repeating group? I want to show 3 items at a time and use the “do every five seconds” function. thanks!

Disregard my last post. you can do this with the regular fixed cell repeating group/

1 Like

You’re right, i’ll change it to ‘item’.

2 Likes

We deployed a fix that allows users with very large apps to change the index page reliably.

1 Like

We just deployed the ability to have ‘readable URLs’ for pages that have a type of content. So what that means is that the bubble chapter about ‘Testing your app’

https://bubble.io/chapter?id=1442431436562x229863804532215000

becomes

https://bubble.io/chapter/testing-your-application-1442431436562x229863804532215000

That will help for SEO and generally speaking have nicer looking urls.

The way it works is that you pick a field at the page level to generate the URL. See this https://bubble.io/reference#Elements.Page.readable_field

9 Likes

This page will represent a thing of the type defined as Type of content.
Usually URL will then look like
example.com/page/1449154312665x293260311940684900. If you want this URL
to be readable, pick here the field that will be used to define what to
display in the URL. Usually, it will be a short text field, like name or
title

SO, if you don’t select a field it uses the Page’s Type setting to make the URL if such has been set? Followed by some reference to the instance id of that Type? If so how does this work for different pages that have the same type? won’t they result in having the same URL?

I cant seem to figure out where to do this. Is it on the page level? I cant find the option.

It’s found at the page property editor when a type for the page has been defined.

well that sucks. I use a dashboard that uses many types of things instead of switching pages (the same way that native apps work) If i set the page type i get a ton of errors. I’d love to be able to set the URL to show the Artist/Bands name.

Yes, if no field is defined we should the unique ID only.

We just deployed a fix that lets you finish typing a new name for a field before it sorts the list of fields.
In other words, the editor was very, very eager, a bit OCD I might say, to resort the list of fields :smile:
Thank you @birbilis for reporting it!

3 Likes

nice - this was a small annoyance indeed.

1 Like

there is another a bit-related annoyance when you have an element and start pressing backspace at its height field (not sure if it is just some elements that don’t allow zero size, think it was the ionic toggle). When all characters disappear from the height field it types in some other number automatically making it hard to type what you want (have to select it then type or something) - see Can't delete Height of a Group to type new one

btw, how come this topic is pinned but doesn’t show after the first two pinned ones but later on below? (now that I’ve updated something here it shows at the top, but as other posts come in it goes down)

@emmanuel, you mentioned here that if no value is defined for the readable_url then it should look for the unique_id. This functionality doesn’t seem to be working for me. When doing this the page doesn’t search for the unique_id at all.

Here you can see I specify the type as Letter with nothing selected (and you can’t choose unique_id from the dropdown selection either).

And here the output from the Bubble Inspector states that there is no readable_url specified.

What do you mean by searching the ID?

@emmanuel trying to use the readable URL. In your comment above you say if no value is specified then it should search for the ID but it doesn’t.

Please provide an example of the issue.