[New Free Plugin] Daily Video Chat

This is great! I may start using this instead of Agora for my Clubhouse template.

1 Like

Hi! I saw that you added language support. This is great, but there is no Russian language there. Could you add Russian? If necessary, I can help you with the translation into Russian) Thank you)

1 Like

Hi Saito!

Thanks for reaching out, apologies for the delay here. Making it so that your request is possible is definitely on the roadmap. I have to do a little reworking of our video call element to make that happen but it in the works along with a few other updates!

Awesome! Definitely let me know if you have any questions or if I can be helpful with that!

Hi @mszaxaroff thanks for reaching out and offering to help with that translation! I can connect you to someone at Daily who could help with adding Russian support, can you pm me your email? I can then make an email intro to get that started!

1 Like

Hello @lola

Quick question : if I udpate your plugin from 1.2 to 2.x does it mean I should redo all workflows ?

Title of update 2.0 is not very clear to me

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Newman, thanks for reaching out. Yeah, the version 2.x of the plugin has some breaking changes. If you choose to upgrade the plugin from a 1.x to a 2.x you’ll need to reconfigure the workflows that contain the Daily actions. Let me know if you need any help with that or get stuck. Happy to jump on a chat if that helps.

Hello @lola

I have a bug on our video calls but I am not sure if it is from the plugin or our workflows.

On a private video call with a token for an owner meeting.

When the owner of a room mutes or de-activates video from a participant, then the participant gets the alert many times on his screen and cannot re-activates is mic or video and everything freeze on his side.

Did you build the plugin so that when the owner of a room mutes a participant, then the participant cannot re-activates his mic ?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Thanks for the comment! Let me try out that flow specifically. It wasn’t specifically created to work in that way but let me do some digging!

When the owner mutes a participant, can the the owner unmute them or is all muting/unmuting function stopped?

When the owner mutes a participant, he cannot re-activate or unmute participant’s mic/camera.
It all stopped.

It would be nice if it the owner can to do it !

Understood! You’re correct that was indeed a bug. The Daily team is actually installing a fix for that and you should be able to see it in your version tomorrow (you won’t need to upgrade).

Lola

@lola Thanks for the update.

Can you let me know when the bug it is fixed so that I can test it on my side as well and let my users know.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

@Newman It’s working now. An owner can mute, remove, and hide videos of participants, and participants can unmute and share their own video after being muted by an owner.

@lola Thanks for your help, it seems to be working on my side as well :grinning:

1 Like

not a problem!

November 2021 Plugin Update: Custom Video Call Element + Color Themes

There’s now a custom Daily video element so you can position video wherever you’d like on your Bubble page and with whichever size.

The Daily video element also includes color themes, so you can change the core colors of the call to match your brand. You can use this Figma template if you want to see what your video call would look like with different colors.

Here’s a preview of the element inside Bubble once you’ve installed the plugin:

To try this out, upgrade to the latest plugin version and use the ‘Daily Custom Video Call’ element. When using the element, you won’t need to also use the Daily - Join room action. You can instead put the meeting URL or any meeting tokens directly in the property editor of the video call element.

Feel free to send me a pm or post a message on this forum if you have any questions, comments, or feedback.

1 Like

Hi all!

We just shared a video tutorial on using Daily in Bubble it’s up on youtube here and a forum post about it here.

Happy to help if you try out the plugin and have any questions! Feel free to send me a PM or post in this thread.

2 Likes

Hi Lola! Thank you for great plugin! I’m Using daily in app for dance online lessons. Few questions:
1: what webhook URL have to be? I have teacher and student, and i would like to know if teacher or student joined to the room and waiting for each other
2: i would like to show on the page time left from beginning the lesson. How i can do it?
3: is it possible after end the lesson and leave the room come back to index page(or another)?

1 Like

Hi @epifanovartem!

Thanks for the compliment, and thanks for reaching out! Here are some answers

• Here’s a guide to setting up webhooks for Zapier to get notifications when someone joins a room in slack.
  • There isn’t yet a timer element that comes with the plugin that you can add to video calls, but you might have some success with the free timer plugin. You could trigger that after the Daily - join room action when a user enters a room.
  • There’s not currently a way to redirect on meeting exit with the plugin, but states and being able to control subsequent actions based on when a user leaves, joins, etc is something that we’re looking at adding to the plugin in the future.

Happy to help with any other questions or if you need help getting set up feel free to send me a PM!

Lola

Hello,

Is there any way that we could make and timestamps with it?

Regards

1 Like