📅[New Plugin] Air Calendar (FullCalendar)

Incredible update guys! Was able to upgrade to the newest version with nearly no observed losses in my existing functionality or styling. Really excellent work @ZeroqodeSupport .

If I can be super nit picky, I have one request that I believe others have also echo’d earlier in this thread. In the process of updating the HTML rendering of events on the calendar, Event titles now wrap to the next line instead of just going out of sight in the event. The problem is it’s going to make all the events different sizes on the pages the event titles will have different lengths. In Sean’s version, the title just went out of sight if it was too long and you could change to a different view or hover over the event to see the whole thing. Would it be possible to bring this functionality back?

2 Likes

This looks great, thanks a lot guys

1 Like

@ZeroqodeSupport @levon Couple issues:

1. When using Custom view: Resource Timeline, View type: Month or Year with a 24 hr duration to show events for each day of the month/year, the dates on the header show up as 12:00am instead of Sat May 1, Sun May 2 etc. Any way this can be fixed?

2. Leaving the “Event background col” dynamic color option empty to use default color for all event throws an error

The plugin Air Calendar (Full Calendar 5.6.0) / element AirCalendar threw the following error:
UnexpectedError Invalid fieldName: null
at Object.get (https://dqqb8cozeod2o.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/d2f80873243f9acb463d634dfc4c95a729a09f4d14ef9051b62496f2efe8eb46/xfalse/x11:6:2000803)
at eval (PLUGIN_Air-Calendar–Full-Calendar-5-6-0–update–AirCalendar-.js:440:41) (please report this to the plugin author)

Referencing a random field solves it but then it doesn’t honor the default border color.

1. Any plans to allow the ability to reference Current Event in conditionals and then set dynamic colors for each event box there as opposed to reference Database fields? I believe this was requested previously.

Thanks

1 Like

Also,

1. Bug when leaving the end time empty, event content does not show on the calendar event
    Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 4.13.19 PM

Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 4.13.57 PM

1. Any idea when dynamic timezone will be working? Currently it ignores the dynamic timezone field. I saw a note saying it’s under development?

Thanks

1 Like

I can’t get my calendar above version 2.6.0 without the app throwing out an error.

Any ideas on a fix? :slight_smile:

Anyone else getting new errors all of a sudden?

Dear all, thank you for sharing your feedback, suggestions, and reported issues.

Allow us to reply below to each of your messages:

@warformstudios Apologies for the late reply. Allow us to recommend checking the plugin demo page and updated supporting documentation, to see if the current plugin functionality corresponds to your requirements.

@muneer.hameer & @avern87 We will investigate the possibility of adding these features and let you know once any progress appears.

@muneer.hameer & @lee1, to be able to identify the possible issue, please provide (here or through direct message) as many details as possible. Namely:

• screenshots and/or screencasts of your setup - workflows, plugin settings (for the screencast recording, let me please suggest using the Loom tool).
  • steps to reproduce your issue;
  • screenshots and/or screencast of the issue you have (debugger, browser console, etc);

Noted, thanks for reporting. Allow us to analyze it and check on our side for the bugfix.
We will come back in due course.

I’m afraid we cannot provide time estimates on this matter. Sorry for the inconvenience. If any change will be done about this, we will inform you via this thread.

In case any other plugin-related questions will appear, please let us know.

Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Sure, @ZeroqodeSupport @levon, here are screenshots of bugs

BUG: When using Custom view: Resource Timeline, View type: Month or Year with a 24 hr duration to show events for each day of the month/year, the dates on the header show up as 12:00am instead of Sat May 1, Sun May 2 etc.

You can see how it shows up on fullcalendarjs’ own demo

BUG: Leaving Dynamic color empty (so as to use fixed event colors) does not render Calendar and throws an error

If we reference say, an empty field (e.g slug in my case–see screenshots below), to go around this bug, the fixed event background and text color are honored, but NOT the border color. As you seen in screenshots, the border color is set to green ad shows up blue. If the original bug (i.e. allow leaving dynamic color empty) is fixed, this will not be relevant. Ideally, if event border/bg/text color could be set as dynamic conditionals, much like how Bubble elements work, that would simplify handling event colors. Plus we can tailor dynamic colors for individual events in Conditions as opposed to having to update fields in the DB which is not performant or practical.

Default Event Colors

Default Border color ignore when dynamic color reference empty field

TIMEZONE support: this is very important to calendar functioning . Users access calendars from all over the place and being able to set a dynamic timezone is important. It seems like the plugin already has this setting built and there is a note about it being under development.
Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 8.04.38 AM

Thanks!

2 Likes

Dear @muneer.hameer, thanks for the provided information. It is really helpful. We’ve passed it to the developer team.
Once any plugin update will be available (including about the Timezone support), we will let you know.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team

2 Likes

Dear @muneer.hameer, thanks for your patience!

We’ve made an update to the plugin, which added few fixes, related to the above-mentioned issues (event background color, day header render, end time not set).

Please upgrade the plugin to the latest version (2.12.0 - fixed day header render, fixed error then background color of the event is not changed, fixed displaying of event content then end time is not set.), refresh the application, and give it a try.

If there’s anything else that we can help with, please let us know :slightly_smiling_face:

Have a nice week ahead!

Regards,

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Appreciate the quick response. So far seems to solve the issues I mentioned. Will report back if any problems. Do you have an ETA on the timezone support feature?

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport ! How are you guys?

I am receiving this error message a lot. It seems to be an intermittent problem. There is nothing special with my configuration. Very simple. Sometime it works, sometimes i get this message…

Hi @rpetribu, thanks for reporting the issue.
We’re afraid that we can’t identify the cause of the error message considering the provided screenshot.

We would be grateful if you can provide additional details, like

• screenshots and/or screencasts of your setup - workflows, plugin settings (for the screencast recording, let me please suggest using the Loom tool).
  • steps to reproduce your issue;
  • screenshots and/or screencast of the issue you have (debugger, browser console, etc);

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport thanks for the reply…

I don’t have any special customization in my calendar.
No workflow actions.
Just the calendar in a blank page.

The calendar is getting events from my database (just have 20 events created).

full_data is a Date

I am not creating or deleting anything from my database. The “events” are the same in all the tests, and sometimes the calendar works, sometimes it doesn’t.

Here is the Console:

Refreshing the page…

OTHER PROBLEM!

I have created a workflow to change the view from dayGridMonth to timeGredDay when the user click a date. Evething is working nice and the calendar do chenges the view.

The problem is that when I change the view, I can’t change also the date.
So I keep always opening the same day…

This is very basic… What am I missing here?

https://www.loom.com/share/fb7b134bc6eb43a4b41f7eb283152c30

@ZeroqodeSupport and @levon

Sorry about all this doubts/issues… :roll_eyes:

I have two more here…

1. In every month my calendar shows the first week of next month…

1. To speed up the the loading, I have made a constrain to show only the events that are inside the selected month. Look what I have done:

Note that “full_data” is the date of my event

Unfortunatelly, when I do this constraint, I get this error message:

And also, noticed that the load time increases… :neutral_face:

How the process works? The plugin loads all the events listed in the “Search for” or it do its own constraint, loading only the ones inside the month?

I had this same issue and fixed it as per below video.

2 Likes

Hi @rpetribu, sorry for the delayed reply (due to weekend time).
Allow us to reply below on reported issues:

As a possible cause, on the first-page load, something is blocking the calendar element from proper initializing.
In order to check what’s wrong with your setup and test it out in your workspace, would it be convenient for you to add our support@zeroqode.com as a collaborator of your app?

Enter your Bubble editor page → Settings → “Collaboration” tab → Invite a user (email).

(Note: you can add our support account to the collaborators list even if your app is on a Free/Hobby plan.)

We will check your setup and do a few tests in an attempt to find the root cause and help you fix it.

A small related bugfix will come in a short time. Once it will come to live, we will let you know.

Kindly note that this relates to the Full Calendar functionality itself. Unfortunately, we can’t do much in this regard, a solution would be to submit a ticket to the Full Calendar Team.

The developer team is working now on the optimization of this process, how to speed up the loading. Presently, we cannot provide the exact time estimates on this matter, sorry. But we strive to improve this process as soon as possible.

Thank you for understanding.
Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Hi @lee1 ! Thank you so much for your help. It worked :pray:

3 Likes

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport

+1 if you can include the timezone support feature update. I’m running into user experience issues when their organizations are operating between different timezones.

Thank you,
Gilles

2 Likes