Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

🛠 [New Plugin] AWS S3 & SQS Utilities

Hi Bubblers !

This plugin contains a set of AWS utilities to either support AWS operations of our plugins, or using it as standalone.

To use these actions in conjunction with our plugins, please refer directly to the plugin instructions.

The following actions for AWS S3 are provided:

• Put Filet to S3
  • Get File from S3
  • Delete File from S3

The following actions for AWS SQS are provided:

• Get Job Status from SQS

You can test out our AWS S3 & SQS Utilities Plugin with the live demo.

Enjoy !
Made with :black_heart: by wise:able
Discover our other Artificial Intelligence-based Plugins

1 Like

Hi @redvivi
Great plugin, works well and super easy to use!

Unfortunately all files (only .jpeg and .png images) that are uploaded to my S3 bucket are saved there with metadata “application/octet-stream”. When accessing the file in the bucket, the header includes this metadata, which makes the files unusable for most other applications.
Can you update the plugin so the right Content-Type Metadata is applied to files that are uploaded (e.g. image/png in my case).

Thanks!

Hi @maru !

Great suggestion!

As Mime-Type detection is not foolproof, we have just added “Content-Type” as a dynamic input parameter to our plugin action, so you can either set it manually, or using the following plugin to detect the Mime-Type.

Should you need further assistance, we are always here to help! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How would I view the file that the plugin gets? I am getting the datastream and also tried the datastream’s URL and datastream saved to s3 and nothing shows up in the pdf viewer despite the file being a pdf? The situation is that I have a private S3 bucket and want to display the file in my bubble app after getting it with your plugin. How would I go about this?

I can get the raw unusable data stream but cannot get any values when I select file name, URL or saved to s3. So I know the plugin is connecting to AWS, I am just unable to make any use of the retrieved file. The only ones giving any data is the datasteam and the datastream URL (which is not a URL, but the raw datastream itself). Not sure how the get function is useful at all??

It might be helpful if the plugin included the ability to pre-sign a file URL so it can be viewed within Bubble or publically if required.

Hey @christo1 !

Thanks for your message!

It mostly depends on the front-end elements you are using.
For instance, raw data returned by the Get File from S3 plugin action may be directly used by audio player elements, so you can use this action to directly retrieve audio-stream from AWS S3.

If the front-end element is only supporting URLs (and not data-URI) as input parameter, then the best is to reconstruct the AWS S3 file URL from the URN output of the Put File to S3 plugin action, as per the plugin documentation:

Of course this would require to set your AWS S3 Bucket as “semi-public”, e.g. allowing anybody to Get a file given its URLs, but NOT List the content of the bucket, so only the URLs known to the user are accessible.

Should you require pre-signed unique file URLs (keep in mind that these pre-signed URLs are only valid for a specific period of time, so they would mostly need to be generated prior to each retrieval), please reach us directly in DM, we would be happy to customise the behaviour to meet your use-case.

Thank you for taking the time to clarify

1 Like

Can i upload more then one file?

Hi @emaclassificados!

Thanks for your message and apologies for the time to answer.
Should you want to upload more files, we would recommend to loop on a list, there is a plugin called Simple looper (workflow repeater) that may be useful on this.

We have implemented this workflow repeater on another demo editor, but the principle remains the same: You construct a list of URLs and file names, and any other parameter that you want to take pass into the Put File to S3 action.

Let us know if you need more clarification.