Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

[New Plugin] Bdk Text Editor

I cleaned the cache, refresh, force refresh, close and reopen the editor and the browser : nothing helps… Completely stucked… :angry:

@gaurav : could you please help ? This is a simple setup : text editor in a popup , no autobinding, HTML contents

Hi @gaurav. I was hoping you could help me understand a couple things. On the @ mention feature, when setting the list source, is it possible to refer to an API than a custom data type? For instance, could I set the source to an Instagram Graph business search? Also, I’m not seeing the option to subscribe to the plugin right now. Is there a reason for that? Thank you!

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I´m uploading hundreds of blog post from a wordpress environment. Using Bdk text Editor to shor original content. Images and text are well shown but css styles won´t work.
ANy thoughts on how wolving this?
Is there a way to keep same styles than original blog content?

Thank you

Hi @gaurav,

Another superb plugin! Minor observation here: I have auto-grow mode enabled. When I put focus on the text editor it starts with one line perfectly. If I then hide that text editor and show it again, it has two extra blank lines, without having changed any data. Have you encountered this before?

Thanks
Rob

@telaholcomb not yet :frowning: But if there’s enough demand for that I can look into making the tag editable

Hi @gustafsson.m.johanna,
Unfortunately not as of now. But I’ll look into that as a potential option. No eta on a new update to this as of now

Hi @mccsunmedia I think you can subscribe to plugins once you’re on a paid plan. If still running into issue, please reach out to bubble support as they handle plugin marketplace

Not yet :frowning:

Most likely that the html is inlined so that may affect the responsiveness of the image

Images are uploaded to bubble db only no?

I think that’s autogenerated by Quill so not entirely sure how they go about calculating the index. Glad to hear the plugin is helping :slight_smile:

No update yet :frowning:

Most likely there’s something else on the page (e.g. bubble’s new rich text editor) that is conflicting since it also loads the Quill library but in a different configuration.

Not as of now, since its depended on the _id attribute (bubble’s unique id) of the data type and the api response wouldn’t have that. Maybe try adding _id in the response of the api server if you have control of it? I don’t know if that would work but who knows!

That’s surprising. Probably something for the bubble team to look into, since the plugin marketplace is handled by them

Did you mean the css styles from the Wordpress page? Somethings to check would be to make sure the stylesheet for that css is added to your bubble page. Another would be to check if the stylesheet still applies given the CSS specificity rules (i.e. the more targeted the style, the higher priority it gets)

Thank you @robhblake

I haven’t but top of my head potential reasons could be some workflow adding content / some conflict if you have the bubble version of rich text editor on the same page.

1 Like

Thanks Gaurav

Separate point - I’m using a Vanilla Bubble text field to display the value inputted via a BDK Text Editor element. How do I get it to not show up like this? I tried setting the text editor from rich text to plain text and it made no difference. Thanks!

@robhblake the rich text editor outputs the text content… you can simply save and use that since it’s a compatible content type with text input