Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

[New plugin] Beautiful Customizable Charts and Graphs (ApexCharts.js)

Hi @jacob.b.singer

You could do this with a grouping. Keep in mind to span all your data series across the same amount of days (or weeks/years). I have created a demo for you that compares 4 days of data with the previous 4 days here: Chartpreview | Bubble Editor

Hopefully this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks Thimo - really appreciate the help - what if I wanted to see the actual percent change, rather than the value from the previous period??

@jacob.b.singer If you want to show percentage values in the chart you should calculate the percentage values beforehand. The chart doesn’t do this automatically at this time.

Hi Thimo,
Is it possible to chose the color of color change on hover ?
Many thanks ! Amazing plugin !

Hi @bennis.sofia!

This is not yet possible in the current version of the plugin, but I will look into it if this could be implemented :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update 6.18.0

1 - Added the option to specify the tick amount for the Y-axis.

2 - Fixed a bug regarding max Y-axis values.

Don’t forget to refresh your editor after upgrading

1 Like

tick amount :heart_eyes:

I’m not sure if this has been covered (searched but nothing turned up), but is there anyway to add space to the top and bottom of an area chart, as part of the chart?

The grid padding adds actual padding to the top and bottom, but I’m looking to extend the chart itself. Specifically, I’d like the gradient/color of the area chart to extend below the min value by x amount.

Hi @aj11! The grid padding options are the only padding options for now. I am not sure if I can implement a padding that extends the chart itself, so I will try to look into that :slight_smile:

No worries, found a workaround by keeping the chart background clear and adding a group behind it that matches the bottom of the gradient. This + bottom padding did the trick.

I have found a small bug though. I have a condition set on an area chart to change the series data and series category to grouping data by month instead of by day when the interval chosen by the user is beyond 60 days. Now when the date range is changed, the chart reloads itself twice instead of once. Any suggestions?

@aj11

Good to hear that you found a solution! The charts reloads when data or properties are changed. Could it be that the data is getting changed twice (or that something else is also getting changed)?

Yes :man_facepalming:

The dates were being updated twice in the input, so that mystery solved.

Thanks!

1 Like

@Thimo is it possible to add dynamic category labels? Bar chars specifically, but anywhere would be relevant.

Example: I have a bar chart which is charting a bunch of groupings, each with their own ID. I’d like to be able to “do a search for” name of each item and display that instead.

Bought. Looking forward to trying this out!

1 Like

@Thimo; Any chance you have more documentation on how to use the charts? I’m struggling to figure out the radar chart right now…

EDIT: I’m struggling to figure out how to use ALL the charts.

My setup: I have a table of 37 “statements” each with a “score” (1-5) and a “section” (4 different sections). I’d like to show some breakdowns:

• I’d like to show the total distribution of scores (ie: there are 12 score1, 3 score2, 5 score3…etc…). in a radar chart. With a previous chart solution, I simply did:
    axis 1 = Do a search for statements where score=1
    axis 2 = do a search for statements where score = 2
    axis 3 = …etc
    …but your solution doesn’t work like that – you just give it a data series and category series, and I’m struggling to get my head around it…

• It’s the same for pie chart. This time I am further constraining the initial search by adding a “section = xyz” constraint. Again, I can’t get my head around how this works…

I’m sure it’s got something to do with grouping, but I’ve tried that for about an hour now and can’t get it to work.

Can anybody help?

Hi @steve18!

You can see an example of a live rader chart inside the editor of the demo page!

You will need to supply a list of numbers for the series data (Y-axis) and a list of texts for the series categories (X-axis) :slight_smile:

Editor: Chartpreview | Bubble Editor

Does this help you out?

Thanks for the quick reply, @Thimo. It kinda helps, but I suppose the struggle I’m having is getting some counts working. I’ve edited my previous call for help – that details what I’m trying to do…

@steve18

I see, a grouping would be the solution I think. I have created a custom demo for you that showcases a radar chart that has a data source that is grouped by category (text). This way you can see how a grouping looks inside the radar chart.

Demo: Chartpreview | Bubble Editor

Let me know if this is helpful!

You, sir, are a leg end. You are the end of a leg.

LegEnd.

THANKS! Loving my apexcharts!

1 Like

@steve18 Looks great! Glad to help :slight_smile:

1 Like