[New plugin] Beautiful Customizable Charts and Graphs (ApexCharts.js)

@Thimo

Is it possible to show cumulative counts on these charts without storing the cumulative values in the database like in your examples?

On the standard Bubble charts, I can reference the current point’s date which allows me to search for all data up until the current point’s date. However, I don’t see any way to reference the current point in time when grouping data on the ApexCharts plugin.

@stephencharles ,

I actually created a plugin to generated cumulative counts so they doesn’t have to be stored in the database (this can be used in combination with the chart plugin :slight_smile: ): Generate a Cumulative List Plugin | Bubble

2 Likes

thanks, I’ll check it out

Hey there! Your charts are really awesome just had a question regarding appending data series to the area graph :grinning:

When the page loads, I see the new lines pop in but then they instantly disappear! What is the best workflow to get these to consistently stick?

Hi @scott20 !

When appending new data series on page load you should make sure that the chart is loaded first. The charts have an ‘is loaded’ state that indicates when the chart is loaded and you can use that to append new series in combination with the ‘do when condition is true’ workflow event :slight_smile:

I have create a demo that showcase this for you here: Chartpreview | Bubble Editor

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply! I actually am using when chart is loaded? is yes :grinning:

Sometimes it appends and the extra data series stays but most of the time they will appear for a second before disappearing. I’m not sure what could be causing the extra data series to unappend. If you have any insight that would be amazing

@scott20 Thats odd! I will send you a PM so we can take a better look at your integration! :slight_smile:

Update 6.17.0 & 6.17.1

Added the ‘Mixed Chart - Area + Bar’! This chart supports multiple data series and the option to append unlimited more using workflow actions (area & bar). I have updated the demo page so you can see it in action:
ezgif-4-9be81d889360

Don’t forget to refresh your editor after upgrading

3 Likes

Hey Thimo! Amazing plugin. Just starting to play with it, and curious if there’s an easy way to do WoW/MoM/YoY comparisons? I’m imagining it looking either like your area charts with multiple lines or the new bar chart with line, either way, I’d love to have one data series be the data itself, and another be a comparison to a previous period.

Let me know if there’s an easy way to do this that I’m just missing!

Hi @jacob.b.singer

You could do this with a grouping. Keep in mind to span all your data series across the same amount of days (or weeks/years). I have created a demo for you that compares 4 days of data with the previous 4 days here: Chartpreview | Bubble Editor

Hopefully this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks Thimo - really appreciate the help - what if I wanted to see the actual percent change, rather than the value from the previous period??

@jacob.b.singer If you want to show percentage values in the chart you should calculate the percentage values beforehand. The chart doesn’t do this automatically at this time.

Hi Thimo,
Is it possible to chose the color of color change on hover ?
Many thanks ! Amazing plugin !

Hi @bennis.sofia!

This is not yet possible in the current version of the plugin, but I will look into it if this could be implemented :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update 6.18.0

1 - Added the option to specify the tick amount for the Y-axis.

2 - Fixed a bug regarding max Y-axis values.

Don’t forget to refresh your editor after upgrading

1 Like

tick amount :heart_eyes:

I’m not sure if this has been covered (searched but nothing turned up), but is there anyway to add space to the top and bottom of an area chart, as part of the chart?

The grid padding adds actual padding to the top and bottom, but I’m looking to extend the chart itself. Specifically, I’d like the gradient/color of the area chart to extend below the min value by x amount.

Hi @aj11! The grid padding options are the only padding options for now. I am not sure if I can implement a padding that extends the chart itself, so I will try to look into that :slight_smile:

No worries, found a workaround by keeping the chart background clear and adding a group behind it that matches the bottom of the gradient. This + bottom padding did the trick.

I have found a small bug though. I have a condition set on an area chart to change the series data and series category to grouping data by month instead of by day when the interval chosen by the user is beyond 60 days. Now when the date range is changed, the chart reloads itself twice instead of once. Any suggestions?

@aj11

Good to hear that you found a solution! The charts reloads when data or properties are changed. Could it be that the data is getting changed twice (or that something else is also getting changed)?