[New Plugin] Drag It - Enhance Your Repeating Groups with Drag-and-Drop Functionality: Rearrange, Sort, Reorder, and Transfer Items Between RGs Effortlessly

No problem @NoCodeDataArtisan. Thanks for the reply. To clarify, I can get the API as a list.

1 Like

Yes, exactly. :+1:

You set list of items from the API and get the sorted list from the Drag It element.

Hi NoCodeDataArtisan,

I just purchased this plugin but I struggle with some basic functionality. I want to build a folder system where you can drag an item into another folder. When you drag over a folder without dropping, the folder should open. Therefore, I’m looking for the “is dragged over” event. Can you please tell me where to find it? Second question is: How do I access the drop-area’s cell data? Since it is a multi-user folder system, I need to update the folder in the database, so I’d like to initiate a workflow to change the parent to the same parent of the drop area. Thank you in advance

1 Like

Hi @philip9,
I hope you’re doing well.

Do you need some nested structure for files and folders or you just need move files from one folder to another one?

the folder structure is in one table that contains the elements and their respective parents. I use multiple RGs next to each other to utilize the full height on each level. On click, I set a custom state that filters the next-level entries. Aspired behavior: When users want to move a file to another folder, they drag it over that folder. If the target folder is not visible (because it is not part of the current “tree”), the user shall drag it over the highest-level parent of the target folder, hold it there for a second without dropping, and the drop area sets the custom state for the next level to show the respective sub-folders.

1 Like

Drag It operates differently than the bubble drag and drop plugin, as it lacks a drop area feature. Could you share some screenshots of the page for better guidance?

Also, have you looked at the plugin demo where we created kanban boards with a nested structure of boards and tasks? They are similar to your use case involving folders and files.
Drag It - Easily move cells between repeating groups (bubbleapps.io)

Hi,
I am trying to get drag it to work with an api connection datatype but I’m getting the error:

I can tell that you’ve hardcoded in the line:
.get(“_id”) field but for api connections, the id field is different:

Which is why it’s saying that the “_id” field doesn’t exist. Would be awesome to have the plugin be able to work for api data types as well.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @andreas4

To use an API as a data source, you must manually select the unique ID key via the Drag It editor panel. It’s name doesn’t matter but its value should be text.

1 Like

Damn. Should have looked harder. Thanks for that.

1 Like

Don’t worry about it, mate. The field position isn’t suitable, and it’s normal not to find it. :wink:

1 Like

Hi @NoCodeDataArtisan,

Now I want to remove the selected item from the custom state, what do I need to fill in in the value field? I tried with the Dragit etc but can’t manage to do it. Can you please advise?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @pieterbas,

It appears this error has arisen due to a data type conflict. The custom state’s data type is APIResponseData, whereas the cell’s data is of type text.

Hi @NoCodeDataArtisan,

I need your help here, can you check out the video? https://share.vidyard.com/watch/3R2sL5ZF3mGsrg3tfKXDAD

So I have two RG’s and can drag items between each, everything is working fine. Now I want to mark item’s as done, I’m using custom states so I change the custom state to remove a checked item, still working fine here. But when I drag items from the first group to the second and then start marking items as done, it’s like the items are in the same group.

Difficult to explain but you can see what I mean in the video. What can be the problem here?

1 Like

Hello @pieterbas,

Could you grant me view/edit access to the app editor? I would like to see how you’ve implemented the plugin, which will allow me to offer you more effective guidance.

Please send the editor link through a private message.

1 Like

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it!

@NoCodeDataArtisan I’m running into an odd issue using DragIt inside a Popup where sometimes I’m unable to drag some or all of the items in the RG associated with the DragIt. Refreshing the page always seems to resolve it for the first use, but then opening up subsequent Popups always seems to break them.

Can I DM you a video link?

Hello @chris72,
Sure.
Also, there are troubleshooting tips included in that post which may address your use case.