New Plugin from Zeroqode - Video Player

@kicchanhelp, you are always welcome :hugs:

Have a good day!

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi there, can anyone explain to me how youā€™ve managed to apply the height: 100vh to the video element? Iā€™ve added Classify plugin, and added

myGroup{addClass: ā€œ.videoContainerā€} to the New Video Player element. Then iā€™ve added an html block with

.videoContainer { min-height:100vh !important; }

to it, but still no dice!

actually @Lucien and @ZeroqodeSupport I have made the player 100vh now, but the video within it has maintained its aspect ratio. I would like the video fill the full player dimensions, even if some is cropped. thanks!

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport I have a problem with the video player when a youtube link is placed in the dynamic link. I have attached the screenshot of the error any solutions to remove the errors would be appreciated!

Hi @muhammad.wahaj,
Thank you for reaching out and for reporting this issue.

We have tested this, indeed the youtube link throws an error while the Vimeo link works as expected. Weā€™ve passed it to the dev team for additional investigation, once any news will become available, we will let you know asap.

In case you will notice anything else, please donā€™t hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your understanding and sorry for the inconvenience. :pray:
Best regards,
Zeroqdoe Support Team.

1 Like

Hello @muhammad.wahaj,
Thank you for your patience. :pray:

We have fixed the issue with the Youtube link and updated the plugin to Version: 2.41.0.
Please update the plugin inside your app to the latest version and let us know if it worked. :slightly_smiling_face:

If there will be any other plugin-related questions, please let us know, we will be glad to help.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

1 Like

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport Iā€™ve ran into a problem with the video player. Iā€™m passing a dynamic video to the player, the player is placed inside a popup which receives the video link when I click a button. The problem is once the player receives the link it remains the same, when I click on a button of some other element, the popup receives the link of that element correctly. Yet, the video player does not change the link. I inspected the video player and the problem is Current Video: field has the first videoā€™s link. Is there a way I can reset or clear the video playerā€™s URL?

Hello @muhammad.wahaj,
Sorry for the late reply due to the weekend. :pray:t2:

Weā€™ve checked the plugin regarding your feedback and found an issue from the Bubble side. Thus, weā€™ve sent a message to the Bubble Support team for checking the issue. Once any update will become available, we will let you know.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

1 Like

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport ,
Do you have plans to update the video player element so that it can maintain its aspect ratio in the responsive engine? Iā€™m not sure if that option is even available to plugin developers yet.

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport ,

I just subscribed to this plugin, and it mostly works well, so thanks for making it. I did encounter a small bug when it comes to the ā€œvideo posterā€. If you try to specify a dynamic image that is private (i.e. ā€œattachedā€ to a data item), the plugin has a 404 error when attempting to load it. From the console, it seems itā€™s attempting to prepend the app url when itā€™s already been prepended:

404 Error: GET https://appname.bubbleapps.io/version-test/https://appname.bubbleapps.io/version-test/fileupload/f1659047831805x957660985777206600/blank-profile-picture-973460_640.png

(actual app name and id replaced in the link above for client privacy)

Videouploader setup:

Pictureuploader that uploads the thumbnail (note the ā€œMake this file privateā€ which changes the url formatting):

The plugin is still good without it, but having this fixed would make the UI much cleaner (while still maintaining file privacy)

Thanks in advance

Ninja edit: Corrected an incorrect image

Hello, @austin3
Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please test the ā€œVideo posterā€ feature with the files, which are not private? It is possible that exactly this reproduces the error on your side.
Usually, the plugin tries to search through the public elements, so we need to check if it could be the reason.

Looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hey, @julia.bartine
Thanks for your question.

Currently, this plugin is not switched to the new responsive engine. After some updates on the Bubble side, we need to wait some improvements of the Bubble Editor.
Only after it, our team will be ready to switch the plugin to the new responsive engine.

Thanks for the understanding.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi there, yes, the video poster works fine if the file is not private. The issue only appear if the file is set to private. The video itself can be private and it will work, its just the video poster. Perhaps the code for the video can be used to fix the issue on the poster?

I also noticed that while you can change the video url by using the play next action, you canā€™t change the video poster

@hello, @austin3

Can you please let us know if you created privacy rules for this type of Data?
If you are willing to enable the ā€œMake this file privateā€ checkbox, you should enter your database and create specific rules for accessing the files.
Also, it is possible that the Attached To object for the Picture Uploader was set improperly.
Can you try with ā€œCurrent Userā€ for example?

Please try it and let us know about the result. We will investigate this behavior further.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Yes, there are privacy rules for this data type which grant access to all fields, searches, and uploaded files for all logged in users. The video file is also private and attached to the same data type, and it seems to render fine, this is just an issue with the video poster. The issue still exists if the file is attached to the current user instead.

Hello, @austin3

Please allow us to discuss internally if it is possible to read the Private Files (exactly posters). If yes, we will check how the plugin could be updated.

It can take some time :pray: Thanks for the understanding.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Hello, @austin3

Due to the fact that we have some additional questions regarding your settings and the way you are using the Private Posters, can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide us a link? This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests for identifying the issue.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking to hear you soon.
Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport

I am enjoying the plugin and it works well as an HTML5 and YouTube/Vimeo player for our app that is very video heavy and requires a lot of preview videos in pop-ups.

We have one very fundamental issue with this plugin described in this video:

Essentially, the plug in does not reset the video player even if I change the video source in a workflow, it does not grab the current video elementā€™s state. So it will just show the first video that was loaded in the player when the page was loaded. This makes displaying multiple videos on a page impossible.

This is something very simple to reset in other video plugins that we have and I show it working in the video. If there is some type of plugin action that could be added for us to reset the player in a workflow that would be very helpful as this is what we do in other plugins so that we can have a reusable element as a popup since the video is dynamic.

Here is a link to a demo we built showing this bug: BrandBay.io

We like this plug in because of the YouTube support (which is needful for our app) so we are pretty stuck here without this bug being resolved.

Thank you.

Hey, @ty1

It seems like you also posted your issue on our Zeroqode Forum in this thread: Video Player - Not resetting after video change - Plugins - Zeroqode Forum

Please allow us to analyze the issue and test the same scenario on our side. We will revert to you once the solution will be found.
Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team