[New plugin] Fully Customizable Gantt / Timeline Chart

sorry, not the big white pop up, the black little pop up :slight_smile:

looks like it splits the graph in two down the middle and the graph scroll gets wonky, not showing the graph unless you scroll way way left.

1 Like

@casheets123 It is now working as expected (1.2.0) :slight_smile:

Confirmed, works great.

Nice job!

1 Like

Thank you! Love how modern the charts look.

I’m receiving this error when the page loads:

The plugin Gantt / Timeline Chart / element Gantt chart threw the following error: UnexpectedError Invalid fieldName: null
    at Object.get (https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/d2fb316acb459c38acc539f348c80c7026dd1ef68a82cf158b69af4ffff9c487/xfalse/x7:18:458946)
    at eval (PLUGIN_Gantt---Timeline-Chart-update--Gantt-chart-.js:7:97) (please report this to the plugin author)

Hi @mattblake! This is probably caused because the chart doesn’t have any data to show (or in this case an empty ‘Name’). Once you add the data to your database it will show up on the chart.

I will at the end of the day try if I can push an update to get rid of this error and just show no chart or an empty chart when there is no data. I think that a lot of people will find that useful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update 1.3.0

1 - Charts with no data will not trigger errors anymore. If there is no data the chart element will stay empty.

2 - Missing ‘id’, ‘name’ or ‘progress’ values in your data will also not trigger errors anymore. The starting date and ending date properties are still mandatory. @mattblake

3 - The tooltip will not get smaller on click anymore.

2 Likes

Thanks for looking into it so quick. I’ve updated to the most recent version. I’m still seeing nothing and an error in the debug.

The Data Source is generating results but the top section is still showing as empty. I’ve tried a repeating group with the same search to check if it’s to do with privacy settings, however, the repeating group do show Task results.

I will send you a PM!

Massive thanks to @Thimo! Found how I’d miss-configured the plugin and had it working in less than 10 minutes.

1 Like

Update 1.4.0

The amount of hours of the data entries are now taken into account for the ‘Quarter day’ and ‘Half day’ view modes!

Hi @Thimo,

Great work on this.

Is it possible to include point and drag? In the demo is looks like I can only use the scroll wheel after clicking my mouse wheel button.

Thanks!

2 Likes

+1 for point and drag.

1 Like

@lantzgould @nocodeventure

I just published version 1.5.0 containing a custom drag to scroll feature! You can turn this off inside the property settings. Also, you can specify a specific multiplier to speed up the scroll and you can enable/disable the ‘grab’ cursor style :slight_smile:

I have updated the demo page so you can take a look.

ezgif-6-8024d54968b9

3 Likes

Hi @Thimo,

Nice plugin, looks awesome!

It would be great if you could be able to set a baseline, so in case you have to reschedule the task you can see directly how late are you. Is this possible?

BR!

Hi @pipeleteli!

Great to hear you like the plugin! There is already a current day indicator visible in the ‘day’ viewmode. Is that maybe what you mean with ‘baseline’?

Thanks for your reply!

Baseline, in this context, would be the original starting and ending dates you planned for your task execution, and when you get behind schedule and repogram your task, your “actual” starting and ending dates will be different than the ones you set for your baseline (original dates). In microsoft project, for instance, you can show the baseline under the task’s progress bar. In the image below, I pointed with a red arrow the black bar which represents the baseline of the task n°17, in this example you can see directly that you are a couple of days late.

1 Like

This is not something the plugin automatically does, but because the plugin is based on the data from your database you can when the user edits a task, create a new task with the old starting and ending date . This way a new bar will be visible with the old starting and ending date and will look like the ‘baseline’ you send in your example. You can then also change the progress of this bar to 100 or 0 and maybe change the name in ‘original task’ or something like that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, l love this plugin, it is neat and simple. I have faced a problem, when I have entries with empty Starting date or end date the time line view start with 1970 when all entries with starting and end date are in 2020.

Also, is it possible to show full screen or a view that shows all 12 months (full year).

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @vascolucci!

Great to hear you are enjoying this plugin! :slight_smile: When you have database entries with an empty starting date, they will automatically start in 1970. It is therefore not recommended to have database entries with empty starting / ending dates. To show a full screen you can create a page or popup that shows the plugin and redirect to that page / show the popup. There is at this time no native feature that exactly does this.

But I think that’s not the right behavior, it should ignore empty starting dates so for the plugin to work with different data setup.

In my case, there are data with no Starting date it an optional field, if the Starting date is not ignored I can’t use the plugin unfortunately.