Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

[New plugin] Fully Customizable Table / Grid

Is it possible to download only the results for a given search? Say I have a table of 100 entries but I only want to download the 15 that match my search term.

Hi @ernesto.vazquez,

You can do CRUD action by, for example, displaying the table data in a pop-up and letting the user update the data over there. The demo page showcases how to display the data from the cell inside a pop-up :slight_smile:

Yes it is (:

Grid.js: https://github.com/grid-js/gridjs

Hi @sydney22

This is at this time not a feature the plugin offers. The plugin will download all the data that is present despite the search entry. You could try filter the data source of the table before downloading the CSV (you can receive the search input from the plugin state).

Hi @Thimo , thanks for answer my doubt.
I have another question, is it possible to add icon actions in a cell and trigger actions on it or can I just do these actions in separate cells?

for example

1 Like

Blockquote
This is at this time not a feature the plugin offers. The plugin will download all the data that is present despite the search entry. You could try filter the data source of the table before downloading the CSV (you can receive the search input from the plugin state).

Thanks, @Thimo. I should’ve mentioned before posting- I did try the “search’s value” state that you suggested. What happened for me is that after I set the state there was no way to reflect the search’s value in the the Download CSV action (this executes on the whole table only). Not a big deal, but I appreciate your reply just the same.

I have a data type modifiedBy mapped to User. This does not evaluate when a record is saved and seems to crash or loop the table (shows Loading forever). Looking at app data I can see the record was created and modifiedBy is correctly mapped to user name. I guess this is because the data type is not text, is there a way around that? I need to record (userName) of who made changes to the record and show it in the table.

Update 2.27.0

Added the option to add up to 3 buttons with the associated event and states to the table!

When a button is clicked, the ‘Button is clicked’ event will be triggered and the ‘Button click index’ and ‘Button click column name’ will be set. The demo page is updated to show this in action:

@ernesto.vazquez As icons like that are not supported, you maybe could use this feature in your app instead? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will send you a PM so we can take a better look at this issue!

1 Like

@Thimo This is awesome! I’ve been struggling to work out how to implement this plugin in my app as I needed something like buttons or icons per row…this might be the missing piece!

One small suggestion though - would you be able to make the button text field compatible with BBcode (or html) like the bubble native text elements? This would allow to create buttons that
look like icons with font awesome codes.

And another thing I’m struggling to work out how to make happen - for example I have a data type ‘invoice’ and a field linked to ‘user’ datatype. Under user I have a first-name and a last-name field - I’d like to return both first-name and last-name in the same column, is this possible?

1 Like

thank you so much. i’ll check it. :grin:

Was it determined whether an isLoading conditional is possible? That way we could handle data loading with a skeleton loader or spinner.

@sydney22 I have added the ‘Is loaded’ state in update 2.28.0 which should be set to ‘yes’ when the table is fully loaded an operational :slight_smile:

1 Like

Worked like a charm and makes for a great user experience. Thanks, Thimo!

1 Like

@Thimo
Is it possible only to display search results in the Table/Grid? For example, if I type a name at the top I would like the table to only show results of that search. Otherwise if the search is not preformed table remains blank and is not showing any records.

What’s the best way to fill a blank cell with default data? I have an optional input and would like to have a default value appear in the table when the user decides to leave it blank.

In your datatype itself, set the default value there. That way when a new thing is created it will default to this value unless its then changed via whatever mechanism you build :slight_smile:

Thanks, @equibodyapp- I think you identified my problem at the end there. I included the default value in the data type as a number, but in the table I’m formatting it as currency (i.e., text). Do you know of a way to account for this?

Hi @Thimo ,
I have an issue with text-auto-entering. some text looks good but some are not.
I don’t know why. Can you help me?

Table usability degrades if multiple people are editing the records. Is there a way to adjust that table refresh rate in some way? If 5 people are editing data and a user has the table sorted by top column, the table will reset to default sorting whenever a record is modified. This makes it feel like the table is jumpy all the time (when a record(s) are modified) and sorting not so usable.

You could use the html formatting field for the currency symbol instead of bubble formatting?

I thought of doing that too, but with the way Bubble handles numbers, the thousands commas will then be eliminated.