[New plugin] Fully Customizable Table / Grid

Did you by any chance forget to provide a data source for the ‘ID data’ field at the top of the plugin properties? :slight_smile:

@Thimo Can you please consider adding a built-in table refresh interval setting? Right now the table updates in real time. This works fine for small listings and that’s great. However, when you have many users editing the table (e.g. school attendance) what happens is that the entire page starts reloading (for all users) every time there is a record change. The table stops working and page keeps reloading (for all users). I know that we can use custom states workaround. There are issues with that too (records update vs UX table refresh rate ).

I just feel that for people like me who are your customers and audience for this plugin those custom states are not as simple as having some type of built-in option. In other words, your built-in option is definitely going to be million times more reliable and better than any custom state workaround I can come up with and do on my own.

Thank you for your consideration.

@anon8730644 I have pushed an update (2.36.0) which lets you disable the automatic refresh feature of the table. When enabled, you will have to use the re-render workflow action to refresh the table manually :slight_smile:

Don’t forget to refresh your editor after upgrading

1 Like

@Thimo That’s brilliant. Thank you so much.

Hi @Thimo

The table used to display a ‘loading’ animation while it was loading - now nothing happens until it’s fully loaded and then displays. Is this an intentional change to the plugin?

Also it seems that when clicking a button it’s triggering both the ‘when a button is clicked’ and ‘When a row is clicked’ action…not sure if it’s a bug or if I’m doing something wrong :slight_smile:

@equibodyapp I will follow up via a PM! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, @Thimo
I was wondering if it’s possible to get the name of the column where there’s a click. Another option would be to expose the column index?

Also, is there any way to timeout the value of the column name. I’m trying to show more data if any of two buttons is not pressed. The value that I’m using to check if any of the buttons was click is the column name, but it looks like the value stick until another button is pressed.

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 4.03.01 PM

My end goal was to trigger a workflow to generate documents if there wasn’t any document generated for an invoice. I solved the issue by displaying an invoice in a column, but the data for the cell was invoice-yes or invoice-no. With that data, the workflow knew how to react. Thank you for your awesome plugin. I attached a couple of pictures, so you can understand better.

Hi @Thimo ,

Is there any way to know when the information on the table is reloading? I want to show a spinner, or something to indicate that the information is loading (during initial load, or after that if the information changes while the person is on the table).

To be clear, the table does reload automatically, but the old data is shown until it suddenly switches.

I have a page with filters that affect the table, and there is currently no way to know that the filter is working until it’s done loading all of the data.

Hello,

I’m using your plugin in a Hebrew application, so I have to display the table and its data in RTL (right to left, the nature of Hebrew and Arabic writing).

Is this possible and if so, how?

Thanks,

Hi @Thimo ,
I use your table, getting some data from external API. The table displays data for a second, and then gets into Loading… process for ever with no data being displayed.

Thanks in advance

Hi @jacki!

I have not a lot of experience with RTL and I am therefore not sure if the table supports this (there is not specific feature for this atm). Not 100% sure if I can account for this with the plugin.

This indicates that you are trying to display incorrect data inside the table. (that loading state means the table probably crashed). What kind of data are your trying to display in the table? Maybe you could try to display simple text data first and slowly add other data to see where the issue occurs.

The table has an ‘Is loaded’ state that will be set to ‘yes’ once the table is loaded an operational. This is made to let you know when the table is loaded for the first time. I will have to look into this to see if I can also make it work when data is updated!

Thanks for your quick response. One of my data fields was a date, so I guess this is why it didn’t work :slight_smile:

Hello, did you solved? I’m having same issue…

Hey! Is there any way to dynamically change the button text? Or not show it for certain rows

Hi @peter23 This is not yet a feature of the plugin. The button text and the button visibility is fixed for the whole column. Not sure if this is possible for me to implement, but I will put it on my list!

Hey @Thimo thanks for the great plugin.

It would be AMAZING if there was a reference for “current row’s index” or “current cell’s index” like there is for repeating groups, instead of just “clicked row index”. This would make it possible to transform the list data with simple math rather than having to use listshifter, which is very confusing.

Here’s a screenshot of what I mean with repeating groups:

In other words, there’s no way to reference the row index # unless it’s clicked. Would be nice to be able to reference each row’s index without it having to be clicked.

For example, if I wanted to create a new column that was column 3’s data x 2, it would be nice to be able to say: Table/Grid A’s current row Index’s item #3*2.