Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

[New plugin] Fully Customizable Table / Grid

just came to tell you that that demo page is aweesommmeeeee

1 Like

Thank you!

I see. Could you give me an example?

Sure! See here: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=test2&id=pluginpreview&tab=tabs-1

The third column shows a nested list of texts.

Ah, I see. The nested list of texts isn’t connected to another database. They’re just plain text.

This doesn’t seem to work if I use the “text” field of that nested database.

Is there anything in your future roadmap to try and support this?

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, that isn’t supported at the moment. I will definitely look into it for you, but I am not sure if it can be implemented

1 Like

Thanks for the help, @Thimo!

Hello.
I’m using this plugin.
It’s very good plugin.

Now I’m wondering how to display the “date” field data displayed in the grid.
Currently it is displayed in a column like this (I’m in Japan).
Mon Jun 13 2016 19:45:00 GMT + 0900 (Japan Standard Time)

Is it possible to change the format and display the date like this?
2016/06/13 19:45
or
2016/06/13

Hi @Otojiro,

I have created an example of formatted dates on the demo page :slight_smile: You can look at the 5th column:

Editor demo page: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=table&id=pluginpreview&tab=tabs-1

Thank you very much.
I saw the display as I wanted!!

1 Like

This would be so nice to be able to display a list of things (group them in 1 cell)! do you think it can be?
the plugin is really good, fast to display and to search items, awesome, congrats

quick question @Thimo : how to get the list resulting from a search?

I use the build-in search feature to filter some contacts,
when i click on a row the contact is displayed in a popup,
and i want to have a “next” button to be able to display the next contact in the popup.

the problem is that the next contact is based on the list displayed in the Table BEFORE the search filter is taken into account…

Hi @acaffin!

You can display a list of texts in the cells. This works when you have a ‘list of texts’ field accessible inside the database. You can see an example here (column 3): https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=test2&id=pluginpreview&tab=tabs-1

At the moment it is not possible to get the data from a search inside the table. I am not sure if the library supports that, but I can look into that for you.

Great plugin @Thimo. Is possible to format the data that is shown? Maybe I’m missing something simple but I have one field that has a lot of content and so I’d like to truncate it (I know I can just change fields slightly and have a short description but I’d rather not have the extra effort for the person inputting the data). I’d also like to amend the formatting of my date field, currently is much longer than needed and includes timezone.

I appreciate this maybe hasn’t been specifically for mobile but it is SO close to working like a dream, the responsiveness of the pagination is just a little off, assume there is no way for me to resolve this myself. See below:

Thanks in advance.

Hi @bear,

You can use the following inputs to change the words:

I have spoken with the developer of the library and he is working on making the pagination feature more mobile friendly, so hopefully that will launch soon :slight_smile:

Hey @Thimo!

Awesome plugin! was jsut curious about something, sorry checked the whole forum and couldn’t find anything on it. Need connect two datasets depending on what current rows id is, usually you would just use ‘current cell’ to get the id, how do i get the id of current row to display other data from another dataset with this plugin, (without the clicking function, i know the clicked states, but the row wouldn’t be clicked at this point). Sorry if its a stupidly basica question.

Hi @haydnhinks, you will have to use the ‘clicked’ workflow event to get the ID of the row. It is unfortunately not possible to get the ID of a row to load different data like you would in a repeating group. I am not sure if a feature like this is possible to implement, but I will take a look for you!

thanks for quick reply dude! No worries at all, your plugin does more than enough for me, happy to make my own tables to specific things like that. :slight_smile: cheers dude

1 Like

Hey again @Thimo
Sorry to bother you again, i was just fixing all my bubble ‘issues’ and I’m getting on with the table grids, where the error is ’ Table/grid A - is not a possible option’, however, I can not for the life of me figure out the issue, the tables seem to be working. Should I just ignore it?
I’ve done a quick video so show current settings on the table that bubble says there is an error on it :slight_smile:

again thank you dude

@haydnhinks Thats odd. I will send you a PM so we can take a better look!

1 Like