[New plugin] Fully Customizable Table / Grid

@rob20 FYI I just pushed update 2.30.0 that sets “this table/grid’s clicked ID” to the expected value when you click on a button! :slight_smile:

That fixed it for me! Thanks!

Hey @equibodyapp- back in January you were asking about the ability to highlight a clicked row. Did you ever find a way to do that?

No, it’s not supported at the moment :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a table on a reusable element and when I press a button it creates a thing for both that table and another table (on a separate reusable element). I can easily re-render the table for the first reusable element that the button is a part of but I’d like to re-render the table on the other reusable element as well. Is this possible?

Hi @Thimo,

I not find a solution to format a number with 2 decimal plate that is the average like I send in this example

The result is this

Screenshot 2022-08-22 232420

It’s any workaround to fix this?

Thanks,
Jorge.

@jorge.r You’ll most probably need to make your column data type number then you can format and choose the number of decimal places

1 Like

Hi @equibodyapp, thanks for your suggestion.

In this case when I change that field to Number automaticaly it change to Grouping, is this field that I need to change?

Screenshot 2022-08-23 093752

Thanks.

You will need to make your expression longer:
You will need to include the ‘average of PercentQnt…’ after your expression and then you can change the data type to a number. Next you can include the ‘:rounded to’ operator after your expression to round the number to a specific decimal amount.

Hopefully this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi @Thimo ,

Thanks for your solution to make possible the change to number, it works and the values are showing with 2 decimal plates.

Kind Regards,
Jorge.

Does anyone re-render their tables with the Do every 5 seconds action? I’m tempted to do this to improve UX but not if it’s going to unnecessarily tax my application. Would something like that be recommended?

@sydney22 why do you need to run this action every 5 seconds? The table ‘re-renders’ itself automatically when data or properties change. So there should not be a need for this

Oh, I turned off the auto render a while back because it was too jumpy- perhaps that’s been resolved. What I’ve been doing is adding a re-render action after a pause. If I do it without the pause it doesn’t always re-render so I thought I’d use the do every 5 seconds action.

I think you’re right though, it’s probably unnecessary to do this.

EDIT: I switched it back and it’s working great!

@Thimo Any way to select a column to be the default sorted column?

I have names and points. Want to sort by points in descending order.

At this time you can’t have a default sorting arrow on the column, but you can pre-sort your data source by, in this case, points so it will be sorted when the table is first rendered :slight_smile:

I can’t sort by points because they have different ways of getting the values.

Points are actually a :count for every entry in the DB for this user. So I actual assemble the list of number there and then. Users is the only reliable list. Points might be null in many cases, so I have to first assemble the list by searching for users, then for each user, I get their points.

@Thimo
By appending the points to the user via :format as text, I think I’ll manage to then find and replace the name using regex with empty space so they’re both equally sorted. However, sorting in descending order is generating a weird result:

Notice 71 comes before 152… is this an issue with Bubble’s sorting or your Table?

Update: it seems like it’s an issue with your sorting. I sorted a column with just the numbers:

Update 2: It’s sorting text, which explains the odd sorting. This was a promising hack, but so far cant get the sorting that I need on the points column to match that of users.

@Thimo we’ve got a bug happening at the moment. You can ‘sometimes’ type in the search bar one time, but if you delete what you have typed and start typing again it just keeps clearing the input after you’ve typed 1 character. Other times it will just start reseting the input after 1 character even on the first time you start typing.

I’ve tried the latest 3 plugin releases and all appear to have this issue. So currently search function is completely broken :frowning:

Edited to add: This is currently being seen in new responsive engine pages for this app if that makes a difference

Just as a test, could you check ‘sort as a number’ checkbox for this column to see if it sorts correctly?

As I can’t reproduce this issue, I will send you a PM so we can take a better a look at this!

1 Like

@Thimo
I’m also encountering the issue with the search bar. If you come up with any solutions, please let me know.