[New plugin] Fully Customizable Table / Grid

Hey @Thimo . Had a couple of questions:

1. Is there a way to sort $ amount values that have more than 1 comma?
  2. Date sorts seem to be thrown off by records with empty date values (it sorts the first group of records, then seems to reset). Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Right now, the plugin can only recognize number with 1 comma it will be very hard to recognize all the different ways to format a number.

I have just pushed an update (2.50.0) that should fix this. The empty rows should now be placed on the top or the bottom when sorted! :slight_smile:

Great plugin @Thimo! Beautifully done.

I see a fair amount of requests to be able to edit in the table directly. I’d pay 2x-3x current price for that feature. Is this on the roadmap at all?

Cheers!
Al

1 Like

Hi @Thimo, I have purchased your plugin and it is nice.
However, I have encountered 2 problems and would like to seek your advice. Thanks.

1. How to use the dropdown menu to filter out the table’s value?
    It is because I can only filter out the icon instead of hiding the unnecessary rows.

2. When stretching the table’s column, an error message appear.
    Bug in custom code TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘_cells’)
    at eval (PLUGIN_1593724959866x956106696186921000/Table-/-Grid-update–Table-/-grid-.js:1148:25)
    at https://unpkg.com/gridjs@5.0.1/dist/gridjs.production.min.js:1:14513
    at Array.forEach ()
    at e.emit (https://unpkg.com/gridjs@5.0.1/dist/gridjs.production.min.js:1:14484)
    at n.handleClick (https://unpkg.com/gridjs@5.0.1/dist/gridjs.production.min.js:1:43493)
    at HTMLTableRowElement.L (https://unpkg.com/gridjs@5.0.1/dist/gridjs.production.min.js:1:5713)
    at root (PLUGIN_1593724959866x956106696186921000/Table-/-Grid-update–Table-/-grid-.js:1148:25)

@satismaxhk I will send you a PM with a demo that showcases how to use a dropdown to filter values in the grid and I will send you some instructions to share your editor so I can look into the error :slight_smile:

Thanks @Thimo ! We appreciate the quick fix on the empty date sort issue. Regarding the $ amount sort, sending you a PM.

1 Like

Hello @Thimo

We’ve run into a data refresh issue that I’m hoping you can help with.

When we have auto-refresh on, the grid gets jumpy as our various users update associated data. So, if you have the list open and someone happens to update a record in that list, the grid resets.

So we disabled auto-refresh and are doing a manual re-render as needed when users interact on the screen (i.e. change a filter). This works until the underlying data changes at which point it compromises the integrity of the list. In other words, they click on one record and it opens a completely different record since the underlying list changed.

We’ve explored the concept of using states, but have signficant concerns about the potential performance degradation and would rather avoid.

Thoughts?

In general, it will be hard to prevent this issue as the ‘do a search for’ will always auto update with new data. A way to fix this is to use states, as the data in a state is static.

As this is part a UI challenge, you could also display a warning with a refresh button when another user changed the data in the table. Or refresh the table instantly and display a message after that.

Maybe you could share some details about your current setup (e.g. screenshots) via a PM so I can see if there could be further optimization :slightly_smiling_face:

Does that help?

Thanks @Thimo . Will send you some additional detail on our use case via PM.

Good Afternoon @Thimo

Is there a way to stop the rows expanding the entire height of the table, if they are the only data added/re-sizing themselves. I’d love to have ‘fixed-height’ rows when using a ‘fixed height’ table, keeping the pagination at the bottom.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

@aaron.jacobs Right now this is the default behavior. I looked into this and it appears to be hard to add a feature that maxes these rows a fixed width. I have added this feature to my list to look into later :slight_smile:

Update 2.55.0 & 2.55.1

Added workflow actions to select and deselect all checkboxes:

ezgif-5-a58c0becb2

2 Likes

what was your solution?´in the end?

@konrad1 Turn ‘Do not refresh table’ on. That way the table will not update automatically. If you still want to update the table, you can refresh the table manually by using the ‘re-render’ workflow action :slight_smile:

1 Like

@konrad1 Yes, exactly what Thimo mentions in his response. Check the ‘Do not refresh table’ option and then manually re-render within your workflows. Works like a charm for those situations where auto-update interferes with your process.

And how do you indicate to the user that there is new data available? so that a refresh is recomended?

We’ve set it up so that interactions on the screen trigger the re-render as needed, so our grids stay updated despite not being auto-refreshed. We also have a refresh button available next to all grids and have trained our users to refresh if they don’t see the data they expect to see.

Morning!
Is there a method for the following -
Setting the MAX height of a data row (without changing padding)
or
Preventing the height expansion of a row when it is the only row within the table.

Thanks in advance!
A

Hi @aaron.jacobs

Right now this option is not yet available for the plugin. It is already on my list to look into though! What you can do is set up a condition to change the height of the whole table when you have a small number of rows :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

wondering if you can assist me with correct syntax or point me in the right direction.

I have your grid display information for a roster. Its is a list of shifts (called ReturnedSolves) which has a start and end time, a field saying if its a day or night roster and a link to the staff table (called MSCO) which holds their names and disciplines.

The roster looks like this which is fantastic, but it’s displaying data out of order.

Im using Unique elements to get my list of staff

So far so good.

I then dynamically add in the number of date columns by using a date range picker and looping the addition of a column until I hit the end date

The problem is the day and night shifts don’t match the user. They just fill up the rows from top to bottom.

I realise Im not noting in the search for shift the MSCO (or staff member ) that’s being searched for to match correctly. Its should be something like this

but I don’t know how to match the operator to the table im searching.

So my question is am I approaching the problem correctly in the first place or is there a way I can link the ID of the Row’s MSCO’s and reference them in the query?

Thanks for reading this far :+1: :upside_down_face:

Johnnyweb

You will need to make sure your newly added columns have the same number of data points as your ‘name’ column. (Be careful using ‘unique elements’ as all columns need to contain the same number of data points and that operator can cause one columns to have fewer data points than others)

If you are still having issues, could you send me a PM with a link to your editor (with editing permissions)? That way I can take a look if I can fix it for you. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like