New Plugin- Fuzzy search and autocorrect, custom search boxes

for large number of records, fuzzy search is not recommended? Is there any workaround to use searchbox (with autocorrect feature) with large records without using plugin?

1 Like

None that I know of that would truly be autocorrect like the fuzzy search plugin, unfortunately :confused:

Hopefully that’s something Bubble can offer natively someday, search being such a central feature :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone, this plugin was working great for me until I changed my menus around so that links to the page with the repeating group pass additional parameters to the page in the URL like this:

I have workflows set to run on page load that do things like “When page is loaded, and get filter from URL = inprogress and get user from URL = all, display data in a repeating group / do a search for…” however this plugin no longer works at all if I do that. If I change the URL and remove the &filter=inprogress&user=all then it works fine. Any suggestions?

I can’t make it work with other language.

I’m using fuzzy search (Zerocode also publishes an updated Fuzzy Search that offers conditional options) for listings of a few hundred records. It really slows down for anything above 500 records. If the list I want to search is greater than 500, just use bubble’s searchbox. Bubble’s searchbox works extremely fast and can deal with thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of records. I create a “combined” field that combines all the fields I want to search and point bubble’s searchbox to search “combined”.

@dambusmedia Can you add an option toggle that if a minimum character count hasn’t been entered, then your plugin would output the entire input list? That way, a repeating group can start by showing all hits but be filtered down once a user has typed enough characters? I would do it myself except the “fork code” button didn’t exactly work. I’d also be glad to make a donation $

@zelus_pudding You can do this with a conditional on the rg. Set data source to same as plugin. Conditional on the rg, if search and autocorrect’s searchbox :number of chars >x then data source is search and autocorrect’s matches.

1 Like

Oh boy, that’s perfect! Thank you - I forgot that we can conditionally set data sources. So cool!

I’m loving this plugin, thank you.

Got a question, someone has probably done this.

I’m using a text box for my search at the top of my app. I have the RG results in a focus group right under the search input box. Is there a way to trigger the focus group to display when the user just clicks in the text box prior to typing anything? Thanks again great plugin.

Hello,

How do you select the value in the RG so it populates the input like with the standard search box?

And how is this better than the standard search box?

Works really fast and really well but I´m figuring out some ideas. Like for example create some kind of dropdown feature with search box included.

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

Could you explain in more detail how to do this? This is what I have tried and it won’t show the results on clicking on the input for the first time, when input is empty.

Got it to work. IT should be when Input search is empty,

1 Like

Hi! Running into the same issues – plugin not returning anything in a popup. Has anyone found a good solution / fix for this?

Hi,

Search for zerocodes fuzzy search app in the Plugin Store. It’s also free and has a bit more features than this original fuzzy search. Give it a try and see if you’re running to the same issue.

G

Has anybody noticed that when this plugin is on the page it requires all the entries from the DB that will be used for search to be downloaded when the page is loaded regardless of it being used or not?

I have it on a page to use as a search of all retailers, a list of around 5,000 entries. The plugin causes warning over performance issues due to the amount of data being downloaded for an eventual search.

I’ve tried everything I could to make this not the case but it seems impossible. My page itself is a search results for all retailers with filters and sorting functionality. I’ve built my page so that the search results can be displayed and sorted/filtered without any data download performance warnings, but when adding this plugin to the page I get the warnings.

Any ideas of how to avoid that?

1 Like

No I think this is the downfall of this plugin. Unless it’s been changed recently - but I had to uninstall for this reason

Same here.
Had to go back to regular search box once the db got too large, unfortunatelly.
I think it’s about time to get a native bubble element with this functionality.

3 Likes

I have the same issue with the accents (French). Any workarounds found so far ? An “ignore accents” option would be awesome :slight_smile:

I’ve previously had this properly implemented, but something seems to have changed.

On one of my plugin instances, it is unable to pick up the text from an input box. I’ve updated the input box, changed the names, changed the plugin instance.

Does anyone know why sometimes it work and other times it doesnt?

Hi @boston85719,

I’m having the same issue.
Did you manage to solve this?
Any smart workaround?

Thanks,

Carlo