šŸ†• [NEW PLUGIN] Geofence - Trigger an event when entering or leaving a zone!

iFrame GeoFence Complete

Hi there!
We just release this new plugin to the Bubble marketplace :santa: !

This plugin allows to watch a dynamic geographic point and trigger an event when it enters or leaves a zone. Zones can be defined as unique or list of custom polygons or radius around a point. Highly customizable and complete documentation.

button_try-the-demo-app

Main features

:arrow_right: Watch a dynamic point
:arrow_right: Use of raw coordinates possible
:arrow_right: Trigger can be a fixed point or a custom polygon
:arrow_right: Can trigger on a list of points/polygons
:arrow_right: Calculate distance from the trigger point
:arrow_right: Can retrieve in which trigger point it is
:arrow_right: Expose the actual trigger point unique ID
:arrow_right: Can use a different trigger radius for each trigger point
:arrow_right: Multi-unit support (Metric, Imperial, Nautical)
:arrow_right: No need for Google Maps API
:arrow_right: Calculate distance between two coordinates without Google Maps API (in workflows - front and backend - and as a visual element)
:arrow_right: Complete documentation

ezgif-7-a0f6fd1a24

:heavy_dollar_sign:The plugin is available for $3/month or $19 for a lifetime license.

:blue_book: We offer full documentation with the plugin and forum support.

LINKS

:link: Plugin page: https://bubble.io/plugin/embedā€“iframe-deteā€¦

:link: Demo application: https: //plugin-demo-iframe.bubbleapps ā€¦
:link: Demo editor: https://bubble.io/page?name=index&idā€¦

:link: Documentation: https://www.notion.so/Embed-iFrame-Detector-ā€¦

:gift: WIN IT

The first 2 people to suggest an improvement track will have a free lifetime license!

This plugin is made by the French platform Ottho

ottho

7 Likes

Awesome plugin!

Improvement: Icon could be userā€™s profile picture and zone pointer could be custom icon too.

I think the map and icons are ZQā€™s mapbox plugin :wink:

Would be good to have a start/stop track user action and an event ā€˜when user location changesā€™ so you donā€™t need another plugin to get those details.

For instance -

1. start tracking user
  2. when user location changes save lat and long to Bubble database
  3. watch fields set to these lat and long fields in bubble database

I know you can use the bubble native ā€˜current geographic positionā€™ but I donā€™t find that highly accurate and you also canā€™t save that every time it changes to call on it later (for instance user tracking by a different user).

How might I ā€œwatch a fieldā€ in bubble?

Iā€™m specifically referencing this plugin and itā€™s functionality.

Thatā€™s indeed a very good idea @equibodyapp.

Theoretically, you could do it by setting up the plugin with as a watchpoint the ā€œCurrent User locationā€ and as the trigger point also the first ā€œCurrent User locationā€ when the page is loaded (must be not dynamic so you could save it in a state) and then set up the radius when you should trigger the ā€œUser leftā€ zone.
But it could be done in an easier way! Iā€™ll keep it in mind, thanks!

Can you elaborate?
The plugin allows you to watch if a geographic point enters/leaves/gets closer to another point or area :slight_smile:

Ah. Would be cool if bubble allowed us to watch for changes to a particular data field and run workflows if edited.

Gotcha. I thought she was referencing a feature bubble had to ā€œwatch for changes to a data field@ and run actions off of that

There is! :partying_face:
Look at the ā€œTrigger custom event when data changesā€ workflow :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ooh! Will check out thanks

Youā€™re welcome :smiley:

Yep like @vnihoul77 said in your backend workflows you can create database triggers :slight_smile:

Wow !! this is something we needed in our App, will check out soon !
Hoping we can trigger an event to ā€œgo to a URLā€ as soon as user is at particular location/polygon.

1 Like

Indeed you can! Great to hear :smile:

1 Like

This is great thanks so much. Geofencing is crucial for so many real-world applications, and this seems to make it really easy.

Not sure if I missed it, but for my distinct purposes it would be great to have an elapsed-time element as well. Would be good to be able to define events based on how long a user has been within a zone, and also would be great to have the option to index duration of each ā€œvisitā€ to the defined zone.

1 Like

@zach8

Did you figure this out yet? is it possible?

I didnā€™t wind up exploring this option. Iā€™m still a few months out from implementing, but for now I have been looking at how to achieve this with Leafy Maps or Zeroqode Google map extender.

I am steering clear of mapbox and other services that require you to manage a whole other data set outside of Bubble. Makes it more time-consuming and less efficient to integrate geographic data because these plugins donā€™t really let you integrate a map service with bubble. Instead they just let you display a map on your bubble site, but all the data on the still map has to be managed on a separate platform.

Fwiw, the map solution plugins that are offered right now, are all lacking if you just want to use Bubble.

hi @vnihoul77 , in my application, usersā€™ latest locations (lat/long) are saved to the data base with the background tracking functionality. I need to send them a push alert if they get inside the geofence (so this could happen when the app is not running). for this, I would need to evaluate whether their latest coordinates are within the geofence, in the back end. Iā€™ve been testing the app and this doesnā€™t seem to be possible, or am I missing something?

btw the plugin works great when I trigger the geofence alert while using the appā€¦ I hope thereā€™s a way to do this on the background (in the back end) as wellā€¦

Unfortunately this is not possible do to Bubbleā€™s limitations :no_mouth: