🛠 ᴺᴱᵂ ᴾᴸᵁᴳᴵᴺ Google Cloud Storage Dropzone & Utilities (Image Resize & Compression, MultiUploader, Folder Support, No Filesize Limit & Automated GCP Configuration!)

Hi Bubblers !

This plugin contains a set of Google Cloud utilities to either support Google Cloud operations of our plugins, or using it as standalone.

To use these actions in conjunction with our plugins, please refer directly to the plugin instructions.

The following element for Google Storage Cloud is provided:

• Google Cloud Storage Dropzone visual element

The following actions for Google Cloud Storage are provided:

• Get Upload Presigned Expiring URL
  • Generate Download Presigned Expiring URL
  • Save File to Google Storage
  • Get File Base64 DataURI from Google Cloud Storage
  • Delete File from Google Storage
  • Get File Metadata from Google Cloud Storage
  • List Files From Google Cloud Storage
  • Copy File between Google Cloud Storage Buckets
  • Set File Public Access in Google Cloud Storage
  • Create Bucket in Google Cloud Storage
  • Edit Default Bucket Storage Class in Google Cloud Storage
  • Delete Bucket from Google Cloud Storage

You can test out our Google Cloud Storage Utilities Plugin with the live demo.

Enjoy !
Made with :black_heart: by wise:able
Discover our other Artificial Intelligence-based Plugins

4 Likes

Can I upload and download mp4 files?

Hey @wdigital36 !

Our plugin reflects the object-based storage concepts, therefore any file extensions or formats are supported.

However, some performance considerations have to be taken into account as per the plugin documentation.

In the demo version of your plugin, you output text. I have experience in connecting Wasabi and a link to the file is formed there. Not really you this text and there is a link to the file?

File upload works for me successfully. But I didn’t quite figure it out with the display of this file.

1 Like

The Get action outputs base64-encoded data in order to process the content by a workflow without user interaction/front-end components, or to feed directly for instance audio data to an audio player.

The Save action outputs the URN, which you can then use as a web link for your users or to download the file or any front-end element supporting links, provided that your Google Storage Bucket is set with the required permissions.

Feel free to subscribe to the plugin to give it a test run, remember that subscriptions are prorated temporis, so using it for a few days would cost you a few cents.

thanks, we already bought your plugin.
Do I understand correctly that the link will be like this: https://storage.cloud.google.com/bucket_name/file_name?

1 Like

That’s correct.
Following your question, we have updated the demo, demonstrating how to reconstruct the URL with the URN after upload and amended the documentation.

I just want to confirm, is it true the file limit is 22MB upload, and 4.5MB download? That seems very low since a Google Cloud bucket could be TBs. I’m looking for my Bubble users to upload and download photos and videos but it sounds like that’s not suitable for this plugin?

1 Like

Hi @tylerboodman !

Thanks for your message and interest in our plugin!

The reason of these limits is due to the background nature of the upload and download to datastream actions.

This plugin is unique as it allows you to use these without any user interactions directly from your app’s instance .
The downside is that Bubble.io engine does not allow more than 30 seconds of execution time per action call, hence the stated limits.

If your use case is to upload files from a user interaction (which would directly transfer the file from the user environment to AWS), I would definitely recommend you ☁️ AWS File Uploader No File Size Limit- New Plugin from Zeroqode - #222 by ZeroqodeSupport plugin.

1 Like

Okay thanks, I actually was about to mention the Zeroqode plugin and ask how they get around the Bubble limitation. If you guys ever make a version of this Google Cloud Storage utilities but it’s user direct to a Google Cloud Bucket (and also a AWS version that is direct to S3 Bucket) I think that would be super powerful. Thanks!

Hi @redvivi
I am currently testing out this plugin and spending hard time saving GET FILE to bubble database.

Here is the workflow I created.
Step1: Get file from GCS (the file is pdf)
Step2: Save the file I got from GCS to bubble database (field type: file)
but it is not working properly.

I am guessing I need to do some kind of conversion to read Datastream data as PDF.

Could you guide me through how I can save the data, it is very much appreciated! thanks!

Thanks for your interest in our plugin!
Is you app on a paid plan?
If so, you want to use the Bubble API Connector to send the base-64 datastream to use built-in & standard app Bubble APIs (specifically POST) as documented here, section “Files and Images”: Introduction - Bubble Docs

Alternatively, if your Google Cloud Storage bucket is configured to allow unauthenticated (public) downloads from a given file URL, you can use only the Bubble “API Connector” to get a file URL and then use its output to save this file to a thing in database, see [New Feature] File option on API Connector plugin

I am already in paid plan. that is why I could use the action as I have pasted the screenshot, right?
So do you mean, after the GET FILE process, I need to initiate API connector to send base-64-datastream to my own bubble database? I am a little confused.
Could you elaborate the workflow a bit more?

You need to:

1. Enable the backend APIs

2. Define a custom API using the Bubble API Connector as follow:

3. Then, use the created action from your custom API in your workflow, and pass the base-64 encoded file to it

You can find a demo implementation here: Gcputilitiesdemo-editor | Bubble Editor

Hey Bubblers!

This plugin has been updated with the following actions:

• Get File Metadata from Google Cloud Storage : Useful to get the file size and creation date/time
  • Get File Base64 DataURI from Google Cloud Storage : Useful to load base64 content in a visual element, such as audio stream
  • Generate Signed Expiring URL : Useful to generate expiring URLs (thank you Captain Obvious)

Enjoy!

Hey Bubblers!

This plugin has been updated with the following:

• Google Cloud Storage Dropzone visual element: Multi-files Upload any size, Download, Delete
  • List Files From Google Cloud Storage : Get the list of files from a bucket

Enjoy!

Hey Bubblers!

This plugin has been updated with the following action:

• Set File Public Access : Enables or disable public access via the Google Cloud Storage public URL, typical use-case for a private bucket.

Enjoy!

Hey Bubblers!

Just to let you know that the plugin has been updated with:

• the capability to cancel a file being uploaded
  • a script to automatically set-up your Google Cloud Platform environment in 3 minutes.

Enjoy!

@redvivi
Happy holidays!

Are you aware of anyone successfully coupling this with image compression and possibly a utility like a cropper or would a transform file option for image compression be on your roadmap at all?

Best regards

Hey @K.T ,

Performing media transformation prior to Google Cloud Storage, which is an object storage provider, requires quite some heavy lifting.

As a matter of fact, perhaps a better option would be Cloudinary, specifically built for performing media pre-processing prior to uploading.

This improvement item is in our backlog for now.

Feel free to DM me if you require this item urgently, we can see to accommodate it in project mode.

1 Like