[New Plugin] Image Compressor by EzCode

Here’s an odd one, I have a user who’s attempting to upload a jfif file. It allowed them to select it using the uploader, but won’t process. Any thoughts?

Side note, I had never heard of jfif until today, so that’s neat!

1 Like

Hi @eazycode
I am told to send you this error. For real, I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I feel like I’m following the doc.

The field I created in my Bubble database (‘photo portrait file’ is a type ‘file’ (not image)).
I hope you can help me! Thanks.

1 Like

Why not add an action for when the images have been selected to start the compression and loading process?

It is not possible to play the plugin demo as the “select compressor” function is not possible

I also tried using a button to select the images and in the sequence compress and upload but it doesn’t happen, I tried to add a pause but without success, only when I activate the debugger step by step it works

can you help me?

Is it possible to use this plugin to simply convert images from webp to jpg in an event in a workflow to then be used later in the workflow? I have a pdf exporter plugin that won’t function with webp images so need the images sent to the plugin to be in png/jpg form.

I was hoping I could simply add an event - before sending the images - from the image compressor that would convert said images to a new list (perhaps a custom state) that could be used by the export pdf plugin.

Hi there! I got a quick question
How come the threshold is only available on the [Compress multiple a Compressor]?
Or is there a way to put the threshold on single compression?

Maybe this is rather a request, thank you.

@ezdev any chance we could get a progress state for multiple uploads? I’d love to show a list of progress bars while user waits.

1 Like

Hey @doublejay were you able to find a fix for this? We’re running into it as well.

@ezdev @nastasvictor any help for this? We’re able to take photos on a native wrapped android app, and it seems to be compressing them correctly, but we get an “Error - Failed to load the image” when using the android media library.

1 Like

Hey @jkyser, thanks for reaching

What image format are you upload ?

Plugin supports only - png, jpeg, svg, webp, heic (iOS images), try for exammple upload jpg from android storage, if it works then your phone saves images in AVIF or other format

Can you validate that ?

Hope it helps

Regards Pavel,
eazycode.com

Hey Pavel,

We noticed users reporting the bug on the android wrapped native app, and tested it for ourselves using jpeg and confirmed it throws an error. We have not tried png. However, the odd part is that if users select the “take photo” option to open their camera to capture a brand new photo not from the photo library, it works as desired.

I should also note, the process is working perfectly everywhere else. iOS native wrapped as well as in browser.

Thanks,
Justin

1 Like

Hey @jkyser
Can you share app buid please ? we will try to install and try to deproduce that issue

Regards Pavel,
eazycode.com

Yes, messaging you now :slight_smile: Thanks!

2 Likes

Is there a way to put a limit on how many images a user selects during the multiple image selection? Or a state the plug in uses to hold the image ref during the selection process?

Hello!

I recently bought your plugin and it’s great. The only downside is that the screen it brings up on my android is only images, and does not have a link to the camera. The regular camera uploader, and most other uploaders do have a camera option when the screen comes up also.

I was hoping you can look into this, and update the plugin to have the same native options as the other systems (Camera and images).

Also, it would be even more awesome to also include a way to have a “source” for the select and compress method instead of bringing up a selection window on the phone. This would be similar to your compress from a URL option, but instead of only a URL, any source. Not a big deal right now, just a handy option. The Camera issue however is more important.

Thanks!

Hello! The plugin is great, but I’m having an issue after adding it in multiple places.
I’m using the Compressor element from the plugin on multiple reusable elements which are located on the same page, but not visible at the same time.
When I use the Compressor A to upload multiple images on the add_location form, it works well. But when I try to upload multiple images with Compressor B on the add_subset form immediately after using it on the add_loaction, it triggers the Compressor A element instead of B. Here is a demo (Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom), please notice the Compressor name in the actions (after the action Select multiple compressor B, the event Compression A multiple select done is triggered instead of B).

Hello @eazycode .

I am trying to compress a jpeg image, but not only it’s not being compressed, it’s turning it into a png image which is more than 10 times heavier!

Any idea why?

This is my setup:

I would appreciate some help please.

Thanks!

Actually @eazycode, I can reproduce the issue even using your test site

Hey @miguel , I just tested on Our demo Page, did You entered value in “If is bigger then” field, and entered Quality Before Uploading Image?

Hello.

Thanks for your reply.

I set the size limit to 1MB, but the images I have uploaded are below that limit. I guess that the compressed image should be lighter even if the source image is below 1MB, right?

I see that you see the size limit to 100KB. Is setting the limit low the only way for the image to be compressed?

Thanks.

@miguel , for compressing You have:
Resize Image
Quality
Setting limit for image

I set quality to 0.5 and size limit to 1MB.

When I upload an image of size 200KB, the “compressed” image weights over 2MB.

Is this normal?