[New Plugin] Image Compressor by EzCode

Hi,

Thank for you fixing, it work now but for solo only, multiple upload still has the issue with same setting

Could you have a fix on it?

Also the name of file when using multiple upload is become “folder name + file name”?

Done! Please update to the latest version :slight_smile:

Can you add Multiple URL Compression? Or is it actually supported?

Will add in next updates.

Another missing feature, File Name for Multiple Images Uploaded to S3. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi there,

I’ve an issue when I try to upload a base64 list to my compressor… Here is the message from Bubble:

For info, my base64 list comes from another plugin but the base64 urls look okay when I use them for something else.

Any idea?

Thks :pray: :pray: :pray:

Hello,
Is there an automatic way to do the entire compression process without the user needing to actually press step by step?
Thanks

@ezcode Thanks for the great plugin! Can you add a way to set the AWS upload content type to image? When a user clicks the AWS URL it asks them to download the image rather than being able to view it in the browser. You can see here:

Also, will there be ability to delete an image from AWS added to this plugin in the future? It would make it even more useful!

1 Like

Hi!
We have added this, please update the plugin and take a try :wink:

Yeah good idea, will add this in future updates when we will have some free time.

@ezdev Thank you so much, it works perfectly! And look forward to the delete ability being added in the future. :grinning:

3 Likes

Hi, your plugin looks truly promising, will try soon. I just have one question: does it compress to JPG progressive by default, or else would it be possible to choose that option?

Hi there,
yes, by default it is converting to jpeg, however, you can set a threshold to convert from, so if the file is smaller than that, it will not be converted.
jpeg is used because it is the most effective way to compress an image.

Of course. But my question was rather related to the compression method. As far as i’m concerned there are 2 compression methods: Scanline or Progressive. So can you tell me something about this? Thank you :star_struck:

The plugin uses canvas.toBlob api to do the compression, which is lossy compression

What is meant by lossy compression?

Lossy compression is a method of data compression in which the size of the file is reduced by eliminating data in the file. In doing so, image quality is sacrificed to decrease file size. Any data that the compression algorithm deems expendable is removed from the image, thereby reducing its size.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lossy_compression

Hm, that still does not answer the question. Both scanline and progressive methods are lossy compressions. The difference is the way the image will be loaded. Scanline is from top to bottom, progressive is from “pixelated” to high resolution.

Maybe you can check the uploaded image with Progressive JPEG tester to find out?

Thank you for clarification of your question.
It is not progressive.

1 Like

thank you :slight_smile:

@ezdev do you think you can add this feature (progressive compression method) to your plugin?

This requires some time and I don’t thing it is worth it.
If there will be more demand for this feature, we will consider doing it.

Update v. 2.4

New feature: Add Watermark

You can now add text watermark to compressed images.
Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 12.42.39

Example: