Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

🆕 [NEW PLUGIN] IP Address Complete - Retrieve user IP and address without API keys

iFrame IP Address Complete

Hi there!
We just release this new plugin to the Bubble marketplace :santa: !

This plugin retrieves the current user IP address without requiring any API key. It also provides a lot of useful information about the user based on his IP such as address coordinates, timezone, …

It is useful to avoid multi-accounts, ban IPs, or automatically set the language of the app.

Main features

:arrow_right: Retrieve IP address of the current user.
:arrow_right: Available as IPv4 or IPv6.
:arrow_right: 15 user information fields based on the IP address.
:arrow_right: Does not clutter the page with the “calculate when needed only” feature.
:arrow_right: Expose data in states so it’s easy to use.
:arrow_right: No request restrictions or quotas.
:arrow_right: Make searches for custom IP addresses.

Available data

The plugin exposes a lot of data in addition to the IP address, all the data are based on the IP address.
You can check all available data and their properties here.

:heavy_dollar_sign:The plugin is available for $2/month or $15 for a lifetime license.

:blue_book: We offer full documentation with the plugin and forum support.

LINKS

:link: Plugin page: https://bubble.io/plugin/embed–iframe-dete…
:link: Our shop page: https://app.ottho.tools/nos-plugin…

:link: Demo application: https: //plugin-demo-iframe.bubbleapps …
:link: Demo editor: https://bubble.io/page?name=index&id…

:link: Documentation: https://www.notion.so/Embed-iFrame-Detector-…

:gift: WIN IT

The first 2 people to suggest an improvement track will have a free lifetime license!

This plugin is made by the French platform Ottho

ottho

3 Likes

Hey,

I have a first improvement! The demo page is not about this plugin, but a percent color plugin. :wink:

What an easy win! Thanks it’s fixed now :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I might suggest for the demo for a prospective user to dynamically input an IP and test the returned data…

The reason being i use this extensively via an api service for certain ip address i get serious results…it would be helpful to check those against your plugin.

providing the option for a prospective user

1 Like

UPDATE 1.2

You can now search results (such as address, country, timezone,…) for a defined/custom IP address through a workflow thanks to the @Bubbleboy’s idea :slight_smile:

Documentation has been updated as well.

It works great. I am using it right now. One thing I noticed is the value sometimes doesn’t load quickly enough. So if you use the value as part of a chain of workflows on pageload, the value return by the plugin sometimes is null because it wasn’t loaded yet.

Yes, unfortunately, there must be a delay to parse the IP address…
However, there’s a workaround possible using this solution. :slight_smile:

Hope it will suit you!

Hi!
Thanks for letting me know the issue.

I didn’t saw your last release unfortunately due to the plugin marketplace search limitations…

@vnihoul77 great plug-in just a humble suggestion. Could this be made available as a backend workflow? I myself and I believe many people who publish on bubble use external API service providers to pass an IP address and then get the appropriate returned data. I believe if you were able to expose this as a backend workflow the addressable market for this plug-ins use and equally result in more sales. As I say, just a humble suggestion.

1 Like

Hi @vnihoul77

Was wondering if you could help me out. I want to be able to show a logo if a user is from New Zealand and if another user is from Australia to show a different logo on the page.

Would this be possible with your plugin?

Thanks in advance.

Hi!
Yes, you can achieve it using the plugin and conditionals.

Under the logo properties:
If Plugin IP Complete’Detected country is ‘NZ’ then image source = flag new zeland.png

I hope it’s clear and it can help you!
Cheers!

Unfortunately it cant get the IP address if the user is using a browser such as Brave, is there any way to get around this?

No, unfortunately, browsers such as Brave are made for privacy and they are restricting some user’s data to be sent to the website…

Hi,

How can I save a user’s IP when they sign up? Followed the process of creating a custom event that when the IP is ready to essentially store it under custom data type “IP_Address”, then have “IP_Address” exist as a field in the USer Data type. The Issue I’m having is when practicing a sign up, no data records in my database afterwards.

Im sure its something simple im missing. Thanks

As the frequent bugs and issues part of the documentation suggests, you need to have the plugin element visible for the plugin to work.

For more information please refer to this part of the documentation:

Please update API endpoints:

Other than that, thanks for quick and easy plugin.

Saves me time dealing with my own endpoints.

This is your way around it.

Just “does user have IP or country, if not, then do this”

I tell people they need to turn their shields down for my site to ensure satisfaction.

Thanks, we are investigating the issue!

Can you let me know in PM what IP it resolves to so I can investigate further?

Nice work! I definitely need this soon for an upcoming feature. This seems quite usable.

1 Like