[New Plugin] JSON Machine Pro

Update:
I am now having some issues with the plugin not parsing JSON properly at runtime (or maybe I’m just mucking it up). Recorded another quick video in the hope that you or someone else here on the forum might be able to steer me in the right direction. Thanks!

Original Post:
Thank you for the quick reply, Jon. I am starting to learn my way around the plugin, but still struggling. It seemed to me that the demo is not functioning very well and gets stuck while executing some of the operations.

Mostly, it wasn’t immediately clear to me which of the settings in the editor are necessary and which are optional. For instance, I didn’t immediately realize that, when in read mode, one is supposed to specify the key but leave the value blank. It makes sense, just not necessarily intuitive why you have that option.

Likewise, I didn’t realize at first that one must specify a storage option and that the option needed to be enclosed in double quotes. (It seems that this is necessary.)

Now, I am able to perform some basic JSON parsing. However, I am still struggling with a number of things:

• I’m curious why it’s necessary to execute a workflow to parse multiple JSON keys at once, while it’s possible to parse a single key with just the JSONRead element?
  • Also, when would it be preferable to use the JSONRead or JSONModify element as opposed to the workflow route?
  • When does the setting for “storage name” come into play? Might be a simple answer, but it’s not clear to me, since we access the parsed JSON by referring to the JSON Read element.
  • How are we to handle arrays? I have been toying with this. I set up my JSON read element on the page. I configured the action to parse an array of texts from a JSON blob supplied in an input and then tried to pass this list of texts to a repeating group. However, for the life of me, I can’t seem to get it to work when using the bulk action. (The simple JSONRead element method works like a charm.)