[New Plugin] Listopia - Your Utopia for Mastering Lists in Bubble ( 🚀 Tutorial)

I haven’t had a chance to fully test this yet. But I did update the plugin and try again.

I didn’t see any immediate difference, but as I explained before, I’m pretty sure it’s because of my app now, and not the Keeper. I do have a solution but won’t have time to try it until this weekend.

Thanks for such an amazing plugin! It’s made it possible to do things in my app that would have been very difficult without it.

1 Like

Hey there,

There appears to be some issues with the Listopia plugin when combined with DragIT when we are working with filtered lists. I’ve recorded a loom actually creating some bugs on your demo (which is mostly consistent with what we are experiencing in an app we’re building).

Please let me know what we can do to fix it? I’ve tried downgrading a few versions to see if it’s due to recent changes, but it doesn’t appear to fix it

Cheers,
Josh

2 Likes

Hello @josh24,

I appreciate your feedback on the bug you encountered. :thumbsup:

I sincerely apologize for any trouble this may have caused to your project. I am currently investigating the issue and I will update you as soon as I find a solution.

Your support is very important for us and helps us improve the plugin.

Best regards,
Mehrdad

2 Likes

Hi @ken1

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you, I somehow overlooked your message here.

I appreciate your kind words and I wish you all the best with Cherry Task. You have worked hard on it and I’m sure it will pay off.

Best,
Mehrdad

1 Like

Thanks. I’m still working on implementing my fix. It’s a pretty big restructure, but it looks like it’s working.

In short, I’m dedicating one DragIt and One Keeper per repeating group. It’s not dynamic, so the lists don’t need to keep updating. The only flashing I get now is related to two things.

First, it’s the way I handled the filtering. I end up sometimes seeing changes as they are happening. This will be fixed simply by making sure that the new list filtering is complete before it gets to the repeating group.

Second, I first see my list of items (text) and then a fraction of a second later all the CSS styling is applied. Honestly, I think this is just how the internet works and I’m not sure if there is anything to do about it.

It all happens very quickly though and it’s not really distracting, so I’m planning to release it and then I’ll take my time to see if there are improvements I can implement.

1 Like

Hello @NoCodeDataArtisan,

Do you have an update on this issue?

Best regards,
Hector

1 Like

Hello there!

First let me state that Listopia made my life much easier. Love it.

But now I’m facing some issue I can’t get my head around.

I have two Keeper items on my app:
KeeperMenu and KeeperCart

KeeperMenu: loads three lists and performs a UNION on them
KeeprCart: loads two lists and performs a UNION on them

Both lists are set to load when the page loads, because they are used as data source for some repeating groups available in the page.

But when page loads the When KeeperMenu data is updated action is running several times. Sometimes up to 8. This happens with both lists and dramatically decreases the page load time.

Can you offer some insights?

1 Like

Hello @stefano,

Thank you for your kind words about Listopia. We are delighted to hear how our plugin has made your life easier.

Regarding your issue, Bubble updates data by refreshing the plugin data multiple times until all data is loaded from the database. However, we have added an ‘action name’ to all actions, including the initial load, to give you greater control over when to trigger subsequent actions.

For the first page load, there is a specific action name that you can assign in the element property. You can then use conditions to verify if the Keeper’s Action Name matches the one you set before running those actions.

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance or encounter any issues with the upcoming steps.

1 Like

Thank you for getting back to me.

I’m still not fully understanding the process.

I’m trying something else now, with reports. So I have this Keeper to hold all the date and I’m using repeating groups to display filtered versions of the Keeper’s data.

What I’m looking to achieve now: have a spinner over everything until all the data is ready to be displayed.

But I just can’t figure out how to do it. I now have my KeeperList market as ‘don’t update on page load’ and yet the data is all there.

Can you, maybe, create a step by step? I’m having a hard time with the videos.

1 Like

@NoCodeDataArtisan

Question. Can the plugin generate a list that includes values from the dB, as well as, values from input elements in the RG row? If so, what is the latest on being able to handle 400 - 500 rows of light dB objects for a use case like this fluidly?

1 Like

Hey @stefano

We have released the updated version of the plugin, which should resolve the page load issue. Could you please update the plugin and verify if the issue is resolved?

As for the spinner, we can introduce a new state in the Keeper that changes to ‘yes’ every time the data is updated, and reverts to ‘no’ once the data is ready. Does this meet your requirements?

2 Likes

Hello @cmarchan,

I trust you’re doing well.

What do you mean by “generate a list”? The Keeper allows you to retrieve one or more lists and manipulate them either individually or collectively.

The Listopia plugin doesn’t support inputs from RG cells, but I believe there is a plugin in the marketplace that does work with inputs within repeating groups, which might assist you in modifying item properties.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Go my answer. Thanks!

1 Like

That is perfect!
I am currently working on something else and as soon as I finish it I’ll try the page load situation again.
THank you!

1 Like

Hey @NoCodeDataArtisan !

I’m so sorry, I think I’m not getting my way around Listopia. I do believe it does what I want but I still can’t get it to work.

Maybe you can help?

I’m now working on some improvements on my reports section. Here’s what I have:
Fee (contains a price and a Location)
So the plan is to be able to report on the fees total quantity and sum of price for each Location. To achieve this I have added a Keeper object with a List of Fees.

But I want the list to be loaded only when I command so, because I’ll be adding a date restriction. I have added the Keeper element, like this:

And then added a button that will execute this:

After clicking the button that’s supposed to fetch the data, I get this:

Now the weirdest part. If I run on the debugger Step by Step, once I get to the
action, and I wait on that action, it will actually load all of the Fees.

Can you offer some assistance here?

Thanks!

1 Like

The issue occurs because Bubble does not execute actions in the order they are set within an event; however, when executed step by step, they will run in the correct order.

A solution to this issue is to place actions within custom events, as they will then execute sequentially within the main workflow.

Hi, the filtering capabilities of listopia are exactly what I am looking for, however I am curious on the best way to implement if using thousands of records instead of the 100 you have in your unlocking filtering video. best practices for pagination, prefetching, limiting excessing download of data, etc

Hi Andrew,

I hope all is well with you.

Could you provide more details on how you wish to load the data? Are you planning to use the Bubble database, or will you be utilizing APIs to import the data into Bubble?

We offer various storage options, allowing you to store data through custom/nested lists within the Keeper and access them based on user preferences.

If there’s a particular feature you’d like us to consider for the plugin, please let us know. We’re always eager to enhance Listopia with new features.

I guess my question is when dealing with large datasets how does keeper assist. For example you have a video on how to use keeper to implement filtering called Unlocking Filter Functionality in Bubble. However, in that video you are using a dataset of only 100 items, which is reasonably fetched and handled client side. But a real-world product list would have hundreds or thousands of items. How would keeper work efficiently in those circumstances where it needs to do most filtering server side and deliver a paged subset of the records to the page?

Listopia looks to be a good plugin and I will use it extensively for smaller lists and list manipulation. Previously, I used listshifter for this, but cannot going forward. Since listshifter relies on jsdeliver for external libraries and those do not work well with my clients, nor with one of my target markets which is China. jsdeliver is often blocked or unreliable in mainland and are unwilling to register in China to deliver locally.

Listopia seems to fulfill all my needs well except its lack of abilities when handling large data sets. A simple setup for paging data and or built-in pagination functions would go a long way

1 Like

I appreciate your kind words regarding Listopia.

Are you seeking backend workflows that mirror the functionality of the Keeper’s actions on the frontend?