šŸ—ƒ New plugin - Multi-Uploader [BUBBLE AWS + UPLOADCARE + FILESTACK + AZURE] BIG Update: 11/06/2018

Nice plugin functionality.
Just one thing is that looks like Upload percentage in showing only 1 and 100. Thatā€™s confusing users looking at progress bar when still nothing happen till the end. Also tried it on a text to get the current state during uploading and see only 0 and 100. (Or Iā€™m missing something?)

And I would vote for adding feature of adding initial content, to show which are already in a base, to have ability to delete them or add new.

Add it to a group, ideally with the new responsiveness engine enabled. Clear after upload no longer works.

Hello, @luc.simp

Please find below our screencast with the plugin behavior (please note that we are using a new responsive engine and all elements are grouped):

Thus, we kindly ask you to provide us with a screencast or screenshots, where we can see your current settings and placement of elements on the page.

Looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13sWLyIQplADyOQXJVCw20ajK4tsQORyU/view?usp=sharing

more info:

• in a fixed group with other elements, clear after upload works after the first use on a new page refresh, fails on subsequent uses

• in a row or column group, clear after update never works, not even on first use after page refresh.

• in a fixed group alone, behaviour seems erratic. Sometimes clear after upload works for two uses, sometimes none.

• in no case does the element height expand to accommodate other elements in the group. Not sure if this is by design or not.

Hello, @luc.simp
Thanks for the additional information.

Unfortunately, the plugin editor is not yet compatible with the New Responsive Engine. Bubble has confirmed that a new plugin editor engine is under development and has top priority. We will migrate all of our plugins to the New Responsive Engine as soon as we have a chance to have them work properly on it. Here is the announcement from Bubble: Plugin Editor & New Responsive Engine [beta]

For this reason, some issues after upgrading the Responsive Engine could appear.
Anyway, please allow us to investigate the plugin behavior within different types of groups and to revert with feedback ASAP.

In order to continue the work with the plugin, we can advise you to use a simple group ( instead of a row or column group\fixed container and etc.) before we will find a solution :pray:
Thanks for the understanding.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello, @Alex_Loonatik
Thanks for your feedback about our plugin.

Please note that you can retrieve a list of all files within your application by yourself. In order to create this, you need just to use the RG, which Data Source will use the uploaded files.

Can you please share the screenshots of your settings for displaying the percentage? It will help us to investigate this case internally and provide you a possible solution :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

using a simple group, the behaviour is the same as a fixed group. clear after upload only works on the first use. I have to force a page reset after all files are uploaded in order for it to be functional, which is unacceptable to me.

Thats the way Iā€™m doing it, right, but it would be great to keep all in pretty pluginā€™s interface.

I guess, this implementation is very simple,ā€¦ should be.
Uploader is under this floating group.

Hello, @luc.simp

Please note that this feature works properly with the Old Responsive Engine.
As it was mentioned in our previous message, the plugin editor is not yet compatible with the New Responsive Engine.

From our side, we will investigate this behavior of the plugin and will try to fix the ā€œClear After Uploadā€ action within the plugin on new engine :pray:

We are really sorry for this inconvenience and will try to do our best for improve your experience.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello, @Alex_Loonatik
Thanks for the provided screenshots.

We will analyze the possibility to add the mentioned feature for future plugin updates. We need to see how feasible it will be for us :pray:

As we can see, you are trying to implement the percentage displaying through the ā€œProgress Barā€ plugin. Thus, please note that the way the degree of file loading is displayed depends on this plugin, but not on the ā€œMulti-Uploader pluginā€.

After checking the documentation for the ā€œProgress Barā€ plugin, we suppose that it will work perfectly for the static data, not dynamic.
You can use progress bars to show the completion status of a task. If you have a field of type ā€œnumberā€ on an example task, then we can set this equal to our percentage.

Letā€™s say that if this task is more than 75% complete, we want to show the progress bar as green.

We are sorry for your experience, however, the encountered issue is related not to our plugin performance, but to the ā€œProgress Barā€ settings.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport
Iā€™ve noticed youā€™ve released 2 plugin updates - 1st for the width and heigh, and and for new states.

Iā€™ve updated but I still canā€™t get the width, height and size for each specific file.

• Do I have to do something different for it to work after updating it?
  • Or youā€™re still working on this fix?

Thanks
Roberto.

Updating @ZeroqodeSupport
I was able to get the correct width and size using ā€œUploaderā€™s Last Image Widthā€ and ā€œUploaderā€™s Last Image Heightā€ā€¦ Thank you for this! ā€¦but sometimes for the last uploaded file I get empty values (see image bellow)

Iā€™m still not able to get the last file size. Is it possible for you to add a new state for this?
Something like ā€œUploaderā€™s Last File Sizeā€ maybe?

Thanks,
Roberto

Hello, @roberto1
Happy to hear that you are satisfied with the plugin update :slightly_smiling_face:

Unfortunately, after the latest plugin update, we are not able to reproduce this behavior on our side.
Please make sure that you are using the same settings on your side:

In case the settings are the same, we highly recommend you remove plugin elements and re-install them from the beginning with the upgraded plugin version.

Hope it will help you.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

OK @ZeroqodeSupport Iā€™ll check the usage, thanks.

And about the File Size Iā€™ve mentioned?

Thanks
Roberto.

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport
Using this setup I get the same results from beforeā€¦ A list os file sizes added to the 2nd file, 3d file, 4th file an onā€¦ Iā€™m only able to retrieve single files width and height using " Uploaderā€™s Last Image Width" and ā€œUploaderā€™s Last Image Heightā€. Is that right?

Still waiting for your reply regarding the size of the single files. Is it possible to add a state Uploaderā€™s Last File Size ?

Thanks
Roberto.

Thanks for so deep explanation.
So, what type of output data of pluginā€™s Upload Percent? Is it dynamic? Numbers 0-100?
I guess I can make my own status bar if I catch correct output data from plugin (or even write a plugin for it :slight_smile: ).
Does it show current uploading percent of all files which are uploading in total?
Thank you again)

Hello, @Alex_Loonatik

Unfortunately, the output is not dynamic, moreover, it is pretty difficult to receive the percent of uploading for the single file.

This mechanism was created in a way, where you can receive the percentage of uploading for a few files. In case you upload 4 files, each successfully uploaded files you bring 25% percent of uploading.

However, we will analyze internally our possibilities to improve this feature. We need to see how feasible it will be.

We will revert with an update immediately after receiving it from our Developer Team.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello, @roberto1
We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Seems like data does not have time to be written due to the speed of the plugin, respectively, some data is simply lost.
Please allow us to check once again the created states and fix this behavior.

We will revert to you as soon as possible :pray:
Accept our sincere apologies for this trouble.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Ok Iā€™ll wait for it. Thanks

1 Like