[New Plugin] Quick Find Search & Facet Filtering

Great stuff!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @fabrice.latour04

Looking forward to those accents.

Have a nice day.

Hi @fabrice.latour04,

I am having the exact same issue now when attempting to use the nested field option. Copied settings from your demo but still receiving the TypeError similar to Zavitac. Are you able to assist me in resolving this issue?

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 5.04.12 pm

Thanks!

Thanks! Sorry for my very late response!

The color wanted was #449EDA, to get a similar one (by try and failure) I had to set #185A66.
I tried again with the new version, but I get the same trouble.

Thanks for your effort on this.

Thanks, great! I checked that in the last version is already working nicely.

Yes, I was using the Event to save it in a custom state Yes/No, but it was just setting Yes when the first data is loaded, but not for every change in the source (conditionals changing the data source). The workaround I used was preloading in a search element, and using here the Event to set the custom state.
Now I tried the Exposed data “Data source loaded”, thanks, this is lighter because it does not need the Event (to save it in the custom state). However, I still need the workaround of preload search element, because once the “Data source loaded” value is set on Yes in the first load, will always keep Yes even if the data source changes.

Also, I think I noticed an improvement if the plugin, now preloads all the data even if the conditionals have not been triggered yet Âż?
I was using the mentioned workaround (preload in a different search element) for doing this, it would no longer be needed as far as I see, except for the “Data source loaded” trouble I mentioned before.

1. :no_entry: Deprecated/Removed: The search option Allow typo. This was impacting too much performance for Long input words x Long targets;

Pitty, I found that useful. Maybe it can be kept to be used in not too long inputs (names, title, etc.), with a warning in the editor, to notify users to not use this in large inputs.
Though maybe I’m not understanding this completely, how works the “Search threshold” in relation with this?

As other mates mentioned before, my opinion is that speed is the top priority in this matter (loading data/searching).
Though the feature for accents insensitive you are working in, will be great too :slight_smile:

Thanks, awesome work!

1 Like

Pretty amazing plugin @fabrice.latour04 ! Works like a charm with Bubble data.

Trying to make it work with data coming from an API (another Bubble app as a matter of fact), but without success. Do you have any setup examples for API data?

I’m getting the following error:

How do you configure the fields into which the search is supposed to happen? The search fields disappear when using API data as a data source.

With thanks,

Lucien

Hi @fabrice.latour04

Very nice plugin!

Is it possible to combine several quick find elements to achieve more than 8 fields search? i can see that it can search only 8 fields.

And the RG data source would be: quickfind_1´s data merge with quickfind_2´s data and so on

Hi @fabrice.latour04

I have acquired the plugin and started to “play” with it. It seems to fit my need but I’m using the Material Design UI Kit plugin to add inputs and it seems that your plugin doesn’t work with these inputs.

I tried with the native bubble input element, it works really well. Great plugin !

Does it only work with the native input element?

Thanks,
Yas

Hello @jdiazarmas,
Very sorry for the late reply, summer time has been very hectic.
It is possible to combine several quick find elements to achieve more than 8 fields search using the Bubble “merge with” operator in the “Searched field” input. The conditions for this to work would be that your different elements are of the same “data type”.

I have added to my demo page, an example of this. In this example, there’s only one field used, but the concept is the same for the others.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Fabrice

Hi @Yas-B, can you share by DM a link to a demo page with the issue you’re having with using inputs from the Material Design UI Kit plugin? It’s hard to know exactly what the problem is without more context. Thanks and waiting for your reply, Fabrice

Hi @fabrice.latour04

One question,

Can I run accent insensitive searches with this plug-in?

Example, if I type “Juán Ortíz” will it show “Juan Ortiz” as a result of the search?

Hello @pachocastillosr,

Right now the latest version of the Plugin doesn’t allow for accent insensitive searches. But this will come with my upcoming push along with other improvements to the Plugin. I will update everyone on this page once the new version is live.

Cheers,

Fabrice

3 Likes

Hi @fabrice.latour04 ,

In case that I have a data type “Person” which contains data field “nicknames of this person” (list of texts).

Can I use this plugin to search for Persons by searching on their nickname list?

I mean, is it possible to use this plugin to search through a list of text data field, instead of searching through a single text field?

Example: Michael is a Person.
Michael has the following nicknames: Mike, Mikey.

Can I set this plugin so that if a user types “Mik”, Michael will be thrown as a result? If it is possible, how?

Thanks

Hi, if anybody know if this is possible please let me know. I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Hello @fabrice.latour04
I tried your plugin and actually find it quite good. However, after installing it, I found that something is still wrong. I can also reproduce the error on your demo page.

Example text: “To many, the word tree evokes images of such ancient, powerful, and majestic structures as oaks and sequoias, the latter being among the most massive and longest-living organisms in the world…”

If I enter “powerful” in the search it finds the word. However, if I enter “majestic”, it does not find it. What could be the reason for this?

Thanks

@fabrice.latour04

Does your plugin have a function that is not possible in Native Bubble and likely never will be in that the use of a search constraint for doesn’t contain or doesn’t contain keywords is always done with an AND operator, which would mean that if I have a list of words that a user has selected as a filter, and I want to show results that do not have any of the selected words (not just all of the words) the Bubble search constraint of ‘doesn’t contain keywords’ will not work because what I am actually wanting is an OR operator.

I posted about it as a Bug here

This was the final response from Bubble support regarding the Bug report.

Thank you so much for your patience with this. After some further investigation, the way how you’ve pointed out that the “Doesn’t contain keywords” expression works with an AND operator is actually how the engineers originally designed it to be. To give you an an example, let’s say that I am trying to do a search with a field that doesn’t contain the following keywords: “how to new responsive”. Essentially, in this search, I’m filtering out all things that contain these four words. As a result, I should be able to find results for “how to use legacy responsive” or “how to change responsive behavior for mobile screens” and etc. However, with a OR operator, none of these results would appear and I would simply find results that do not include “how” “to” “new” and “responsive”. On the flip side, using the “contains” and “contains keywords” finds the results for all things that contains the key words and utilizes an AND operator.

I hope this helps address your questions, Matt! We do apologize that there currently isn’t a native feature that supports your desired use case. However, I would encourage seeing if there is any solution posed by other users on the Forum or even plugins that address this particular behavior! I’d be very interested in hearing what you may find, and I’d be more than happy to share this solution with any other users who face similar hurdles!

I am personally trying to find a way to allow a user to select say colors, red, blue and green. I want the results to show only data entries whose color list doesn’t contain any of the selected colors, but I only get results of data entries whose color list doesn’t contain all of the selected colors, so data entries whose color list has red and blue are getting returned.

Hi @pachocastillosr,

Currently, the Plugin doesn’t allow for search through a list of text data fields as this really impacts performance when long lists are used. I will let you know if I update the Plugin to support this feature.

Hi @j.hennersdorf,

This is due to the Search threshold Search Options being sensitive. Because this Plugin utilizes the Sublime search method, the further a word is in a long-phrase the worst of a scoring it will get. To accommodate for using long phrases, you can use the Search threshold none.

Please let me know if this answers your question and feel free to DM me so we can look in detail if the problem persists.

Hey @boston85719,

I answered you by DM as the initial post was closed.

Cheers,
Fabrice

1 Like

Hey @Lucien,

Sorry for the late reply this fell between to cracks. :man_facepalming:

Here are demo1 and demo2 of how to make the Plugin work with API data.

Let me know if this works and feel free to reach out if you have other questions.

Cheers,
Fabrice

1 Like

Hey Fabrice, I’m having the same issue as @Lucien, the options for “Searched field1”, “…field2” etc… Are not showing up? Is it something to do with the type of API we’re connecting calling? Mine is coming from Airtable…

Your example shows these options:

What I see:

Any help would be great! Thank you

I’m using quick find to populate an RG, however the RG search requires the values from multiple drop downs. This does not work in quick find.

Is there anything I can do to use quick find while using dropdowns to populate the search?

thanks.

Hello,

I am working on a project where the users have a list of more than 4K records. When they are searching ,it seems that a lot of capacity is being used from your plugin. What should my capacity usage expectations be when loading that many records?

Thanks!