NEW PLUGIN šŸ„³ Smaal Tags by Smaal.co

Update for anyone using an Option Set:

Bubble is reading the Option Set values completely differently than data types. Weā€™ll be submitting an update by tonight to fix once we figure out the issue!

1 Like

Great, thanks Joe. Yes I store the color as a text field with #. E.g. #ffffff for white. This works grand normally. Could you maybe include an example in your plugin demo page to show the color being set dynamically?

Thanks!
Rob

Actually we noticed that with our Option Set fix today, that broke our dynamic tag colors. Now this is fixed and you should see the update for your plugin!

Iā€™ve also added an example here to our editor and live page here to check out!

1 Like

I am trying to use Smaal Tags to unselect tags using the following workflow: When smaal tags last selected is clicked > set state of element: current elementā€™s tags minus smaal tags last selected - that does not work, but it kinda should, right? (I tried the same with last unselected.)
Thanks

Hey there!

Taking a look in a bit here! Will let you know if I find any issues and add this workflow to our example editor page once done.

Will let you know soon!

Thanks @joe5 - in fact, this seems to be a bug; setting an element state using ā€œlast selectedā€ doesnā€™t seem to work at allā€¦
(Happy to share an editors view - but I simply setup: set element state this smaal tags last selected.)

Hi @joe5. The plugin works with data types but it is not working with custom states. Am I doing something wrong or does it not work with custom states?

Went ahead and added and tested the selected/un-selected/all-selected to this editor page at the top. Be sure you also have the latest version of the plugin since that includes a selected state update.

I am also using a custom state list of Last Selected and Last Un-Selected tags in the updated editor view, which should be useful for you @sharma.himanshu0608!

but youā€™re not using option sets - could it be that they behave differently?
(Sorry, forgot to mention that I encountered the error when using option sets.)

Ah gotcha! I just encountered that issue with Option Sets again as well, so will fix ASAP!

@joe5
I am setting the data source of smaal tag element as custom state and facing this error.

The plugin Smaal Tags / element Smaal Tags threw the following error: TypeError: this.get is not a function
at String.eval (PLUGIN_Smaal-Tags-updateā€“Smaal-Tags-.js:105:58)
at Function.each (https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/57c356bb8dd3ce83da621c750161b02baee0fb135359c93859494a39e1e0e61d/xfalse/x10:2:2815) (please report this to the plugin author)

hey there! Have a screenshot of your setup?

The smaal tag element is in a group which is hidden on page load and loads when Input brandā€™s names( custom state: list of texts) value is not empty.

I am getting the error on page load.

Can we have an option to select a default icon for all the tags? What I am trying to do is to allow users to select options from a RG and then adding/removing their selection to a custom state. Then showing the users their selected options using this plugin. I would like to have a cross icon/image in the tag so that users know that they can click on the tag to remove it from their selection.

Mind DMing me a link to your editor?

So essentially youā€™d want to have a separate selected state icon?

Iā€™ll add that to the upcoming update list!

After taking a second look, it looks like youā€™ve actually got a list of Texts as your data source.

We are using unique IDs now to make the plugin work with the image fields/etc. So youā€™ll want to change to a data type of thing or an Option Set.

Our next update should allow other data types though!

Hey there! this issue you had should be fixed in the latest update (not described in the update, but fixed). Let me know if that works!

1 Like

hey there! I just pushed an update that should fix your issue with the hidden group of tags as well.

The workflow result looks like this:

So you should be able to set the state and show the tags element, and it should show now.

The list of texts capability will be included in our next BIG update coming soon though! Weā€™ll also allow you to choose whatever dynamic data for text/images too.

Works! Many thanks @joe5!