[UPDATED v2.2.0] šŸ˜ƒ Sudsy Page router for SEO-friendly clean URLs! (by Tech-Tonic)

Nice work @sudsy!

I need this big timeā€¦ Awesome!

If a link is valid and doesnā€™t redirect to another place, it can be indexed by Google.

2 Likes

Thanks, @keith.

Sudsy Page evolved from a need for human-friendly, bookmarkable, shareable links for an app Iā€™m developing. I knew I wanted multiple levels of nesting, and learning that others had a similar need is what prompted me to document and release it to the marketplace.

Thatā€™s the great thing about this community. Not only is it a valuable resource for obtaining help, but it also enables one to identify ways to help the community!

(Didnā€™t really examine gib/u, BTW, but other posts by you and others definitely got me started down the right ā€œpathā€ - pun intended! :wink:)

2 Likes

Thanks, @vladlarin, and thatā€™s a really great question!

First, let me explicitly disclaim any SEO expertise. The primary impetus behind this plugin was a need for human-friendly, bookmarkable URLs. That said, what I understand of Bubble is that it operates (or can operate) very similar to front-end frameworks such as Vue.js and React. As such, this article suggests the answer to your question is a definiteā€¦maybe. Hereā€™s a quoteā€¦

Even with client rendering only, Googlebot had no trouble seeing the content. I also waited a few days to see if Google had indexed the app. It had

Of course, I cherry picked that quote, so you should read the full article and do your own research. That said, thereā€™s a lot to SEO, and accessibility and semantic mark-up are part of the equation; and thatā€™s not currently one of Bubbleā€™s strong suits (although it is on their radar!)

To answer definitively, Iā€™d need some empirical data, so I plan to do some testing as soon as I figure out how to add the plugin to my paid plan. (I guess I have to buy my own plugin?)

I should add that I do have a functioning (but unpublished) page with this URL structure, but it was a bit tricky - largely because of this issue.

I had to jump through hoops just to convert the ā€œyearā€ and ā€œmonthā€ path params to integers to feed to a ā€œdateā€. I used hidden inputs as an ā€œintermediaryā€ to do the conversion (when there was otherwise no need for UI elements). It would have been much nicer to simply grab the ā€œ2019ā€ path param (which is a string) and ā€œconvert to integerā€.

1 Like

Thanks, @anon65040322, I appreciate it.

Thanks, @Kfawcett. My current project has made me aware of other opportunities to ā€œadd valueā€ to the Bubble platform. Iā€™m looking forward to pursuing a couple other plugins.

2 Likes

Wow this is really nice, I think the Bubble community will really benefit from this. I will be testing this out later for sure. Thanks @sudsy!

With the release of this, It makes me wonder if having dynamic page names is possible, too. Like if you have user profiles and the social/sharable URL to your profile is website.com/username, skipping the static page name.

Thanks, @marcuslate. Iā€™m not currently aware of a way to have a dynamic page at the site root, but I can see the appeal.

2 Likes

Hi @sudsy

This is fantastic!

Thanks, @jamesbond. I hope you find it useful. Iā€™ll be posting a simple blog example later today.

That would be awesome and if you could attach a link to the editor that would be even better! Iā€™ve just subscribed to your plugin as well :slight_smile:

Would really appreciate if youā€™d improve the documentation because Iā€™ve literally followed all the steps but nothing is happening. ???

Hi @mukhtar007. PM sent.

Hi guys,

I would just like to say that @sudsy has been excellent (communication wise) and with additional, relevant and appropriate information provided by him, I have successfully implemented this plugin in my application. The plugin is now an integral part of my appā€™s dashboard and I no longer have to deal with userā€™s clicking the back/forward navigation causing the whole page to reload.

2 Likes

Just a quick note that Iā€™ve added compatibility information to the description. Basically, this plugin works with all modern browsers. It does NOT work with Internet Explorer.

Just wanted to follow up on this to report that I can now say with confidence, ā€œYes, indeed.ā€ See this forum post.

Hi, @sudsy

Is this plugin usable for html element??

I got my app ā€œreloadedā€ when I clicked on the link written in the html element.
It worked fine if I use link element.

Is there a way to avoid the reloading, or is this made only for the link element??

My app is a single page app, and I really need your plugin!!

Hi @rio, as you discovered, it works only with Bubbleā€™s Link element - not just any anchor tag on the page (such as one appearing in an HTML element).

If you have a unique problem or challenge, however, please post to the plugin help forum with the details, and Iā€™d be glad to see if I can help you come up with a solution or work-around.

Thereā€™s often more than one way to accomplish something in Bubble (as with most programming).

2 Likes