[NEW PLUGIN] Tooltip plugin

Hey @boston85719

What did you end up using for tooltips in RG?

I gave up on this plugin as it doesn’t work consistently

Yeah, I did the same a long time ago. But was hoping maybe you had found an alternative solution, like a different plugin perhaps, that I could use as well :slight_smile:

If you want reliable tooltips, you can use the bubble built in mechanism which I believe is available on groups and some other elements. It is a bit delayed and provides no styling, but at least works consistently.

In other situations I just build my own using a group focus element.

1 Like

Is there a known issue that the tooltip doesn’t show over a popup?
Because that’s what I’m getting atm,

On a regular page! Works great!
Screenshot 2020-09-29 at 15.54.44

On a popup,
 nothing.
Screenshot 2020-09-29 at 15.57.34

This pluginsd display erratic text when is used inside Repeating Groups and Popups. @seanhoots isn’t giving support anymore? :thinking::pensive:

If you’re like me and needed a working tooltip, please see this post for my solution that avoids the two plugins: Custom Tooltip Hover - #4 by shawnmollen

Hey Bubblers :wave:
Happy to share the news that this plugin along with all the other plugins made by notorious bubbler @seanhoots have been acquired by Zeroqode :rocket:

We’ll do our best to maintain and improve these plugins in a timely and efficient manner. Look out for updates on these plugins soon :slight_smile: For any questions or assistance requests please make sure to tag @ZeroqodeSupport

Here is the full list of acquired plugins:

To see almost 300 other Bubble plugins made by Zeroqode please go to No-Code App Plugins for Bubble | Zeroqode

Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode
#1 Bubble Publisher and Developer

logo-icon-S-circle

100+ Bubble Templates
25+ Bubble Courses
250+ Bubble Plugins
20+ Bubble Building Blocks

3 Likes

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport

I’m working with the tooltip plugin

Unfortunately, seems like it doesn’t work as expected with elements that have on-click workflows assigned to them or their children.

Could you suggest a workaround for this please?

Thanks!

Loving the Plugin for every other use case of mine!

Hi @blurapps, thanks for reaching out.
We highly appreciate your interest in our plugins. :pray:

If we understand you right, you would like to display a tooltip when clicking on the element? If so, please allow us to show you a short video on how to do that by changing the Show event parameter inside the plugin element properties.

Video

Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

If you meant something else, please share with us more details related to your use case and provide as many details as possible with screenshots of your setup.

Looking forward to your reply.
Best regards, :slightly_smiling_face:
Zeroqode Support Team.

That’s not it
I need the tooltip to appear on hover
The target element is a group and has existing on-hover properties.
The tooltip doesn’t appear on this element

Hi @blurapps, thanks for your reply.
We’ve carefully analyzed your request and tried to reproduce this use case on our side.

Basically, we’ve created a group that contains a button and some inputs elements inside it and defined their conditions to apply on hover. We’ve added an additional tooltip plugin element on the page and connected with the group itself through an ID.
Kindly Note: You will need each separate plugin element dropped on the page for each group you need a tooltip assigned, connected via a unique ID.

Please check the video below with the setup and try to reproduce it on your side. :pray:

Summary

Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

Please try our suggestions and let us know if they helped.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Hi

Thanks for getting back. I think I should have been more articulate earlier.
My target element is a regular group, not a button.
This group is clickable and has a conditional setting on it - it changes color when it is hovered.
The tooltip doesn’t work on this element or any child element of this element.

I implemented the plugin on several other elements in my app, mostly icons, and it works fine. So I believe it isn’t an implementation issue. This is the only type of element that it doesn’t work on.

Sorry to drag this on, but I still need some help with it.

Cheers,
Ranjit

Very nice!

1 Like

Hello, @blurapps.
Unfortunately, we could not reproduce the reported issue on our side.
The tooltip is shown on the Group element even if it has conditionals. See the screenshot below.

Screenshots

Would it be convenient to share more details related to the reported issue?
ï»ż
ï»żNamely:

• screenshots and/or screencasts of your setup - workflows, plugin settings (for the screencast recording, let me please suggest using the Loom tool).
  • screenshots and/or screencast of the issue you have (debugger, browser console, etc);
  • steps to reproduce your issue;

This will allow us to identify any possible cause much faster.

Hi @djtochner, thanks for reaching out.
We highly appreciate your interest in our plugins.

If you like our plugin so far, could you please rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor? You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves. The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to build great plugins!

Best regards, :slightly_smiling_face:
Zeroqdoe Support Team.

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport,

The plugin doesn’t seem to work when 2 properties are added to a condition.

As you can see below, the tooltip should be visible only if the group custom state unchecked or no.

Thank you!

Hi @Theodoros, thanks for your message.
Sorry for the late reply due to the weekend. :pray:

We’ve carefully analyzed your request and tried to reproduce this case on our side. If we understood it correctly, you would like to display a thanks tooltip when the user is accepting the Terms and Conditions of your service. Please correct us if we are wrong.

As we see from the screenshot above you are using a checkbox for this, as a workaround for the custom state, you can create a condition for the tooltip to trigger when the checkbox is checked. In this way, the triggered element will be the checkbox and the target element will be the text near the checkbox. Please see the screenshot below.

Screenshots

https://www.loom.com/share/bf9eb6e91ab34a63b340c997d8191e37

Hope it helps. In case the issue will persist, please let us know and share a screencast or screenshots with plugin setup. This will allow us to understand the cause much faster.

Best regards, :slight_smile:
Zeroqode Support Team.

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport,

Thank you for your reply!

Actually I would like to display a tooltip if the user has not accepted the Terms and Conditions.

I did create a condition for the tooltip to trigger yet I had trouble to make it work. Fortunately I found a work around with the original tooltip function but it doesn’t show as fast as I would like to!

Thanks.

Hi @Theodoros, thanks for your reply.
Please accept our apologies for the late reply due to the weekend. :pray:

If we understand you correctly, when the user is submitting a form, you would like to display a tooltip only when he/she didn’t check the checkbox terms and conditions.
Basically, you can trigger this tooltip to appear when the button is clicked and in the workflow area for this button define a condition to execute this action only when the checkbox is checked.

Please see the video below for more details regarding the setup and we hope that will help you achieve your goals.

Best regards, :slight_smile:
Zeroqode Support Team.

Hi There !

Could not find Custom style Box