[New Plugin Updates] Drawing & Painting Canvas

Thanks, Alex. I will do some more testing and see what I can come up with.

1 Like

@ksaitow1 great, please let me know how it goes!

Hey, @alex4.

I have some questions:

1. Can a fit canvas to all drawn elements resizing action be possible?

2. Can we pan the view inside the canvas?

3. What does this update mean (1.49.14 - Workflow Actions: Added actionable guidance error messages when Canvas is not yet visible on the page)?

I really appreciate any help you can provide :slight_smile: :computer:

1 Like

Hi,

Can you please answer to the following points I sent you by email on December 12 (2.32pm) ? It is the 3rd time I have been asking during the last 2 months.

• I noticed a bug with the backward forward buttons on your demo website: I had to click maybe 12 times on « forward » before it works (see video). it happens to me as well on my bubble app. i recorded a video i sent you by email

• I have the following error happening all the time. Can you help me on that

• Suggestion:

• Could you implement an option to move an element A forward, by dragging this element A on top of an element B. And To have B forward it should be moved above A. In my opinion It would be a much better user experience than having to click on a forward button.
    • Nice to have : add a workflow that identifies when a canvas is empty. (Eg when the canvas is empty, button A « Save this canvas" is not clickable or visible. So far I used custom states, but maybe there are better workaround already
  • Question: Bubble has a limit in terms of saved images. I guess it include the canvas workflow “save png on aws” ? If yes, Are there options to save on other platform like wasabi or similar that are cheaper than bubble ?

Thanks

Hi @eple0030 apologies for the slower reply here. I had a draft but had forgotten to send it to you.

I noticed a bug with the backward forward buttons on your demo website: I had to click maybe 12 times on « forward » before it works (see video). it happens to me as well on my bubble app. i recorded a video i sent you by email

Do you mean the undo/redo buttons? I can take a look.

I have the following error happening all the time. Can you help me on that

Please send me a link to your app in a PM. Thanks!

Could you implement an option to move an element A forward, by dragging this element A on top of an element B. And To have B forward it should be moved above A. In my opinion It would be a much better user experience than having to click on a forward button.

I can add this to my backlog and let you know if I will build it soon!

Question: Bubble has a limit in terms of saved images. I guess it include the canvas workflow “save png on aws” ? If yes, Are there options to save on other platform like wasabi or similar that are cheaper than bubble ?

You should be able to integrate with an external database via an API, although this is out of scope for the plugin.

@hacker

1. Can a fit canvas to all drawn elements resizing action be possible?
  2. Can we pan the view inside the canvas?

I can add this to my backlog. Please PM me if this is high priority for you.

1. What does this update mean (1.49.14 - Workflow Actions: Added actionable guidance error messages when Canvas is not yet visible on the page)?

When the canvas is not visible on the page and your Bubble app tries to run a workflow on it, there will be a notification that tells you that your Canvas is not visible (instead of creating an error)

1 Like

Hey there!
Is there a way to crop images on the canvas?

Hi @sniphairmail currently, there’s no way to crop images on the canvas. However, I’ll add this request to my backlog and let you know if I plan to build it!

1 Like

How do I unselect an element on the canvas programmatically?

I select an element. There is a border. I click on a save button that saves the serialization and creates a preview image. The image shows the selected border. How can I programmatically unselect the selected element when I click on the save button?

Hi,

I emailed a couple of days ago but haven’t heard back so posting here in the hope of a resolve as the plugin is working really well for our use case otherwise.

Hitting a bit of an issue. When I display the canvas in a popup and attempt anything to do with saving as a PNG/downloading it, I get the attached screenshot error.

The error only happens when there is a background issue on the canvas. Wondered if you could assist please?

@net-tt thanks for reaching out!

How do I unselect an element on the canvas programmatically?

I select an element. There is a border. I click on a save button that saves the serialization and creates a preview image. The image shows the selected border. How can I programmatically unselect the selected element when I click on the save button?

There is a workflow action called “Deselect All Elements…”

Fire that action prior to saving and the selection should be cleared!

Hey @wsisotcom thanks for sharing a few details about your issue. What background issue is occurring on your canvas? I’m unable to reproduce it–could you PM me a link to your editor so I can take a look?

1 Like

It works. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,
Can I Add a gif to the canvas main?

Hi Alex, I have tried to PM you but bubble says ‘sorry, you cannot message this user’.

Please reach out so that I can share the editor and details you requested.

@wsisotcom hmm… strange, try sending an email to support@techblocksco.com !

@jacob6 thanks for reaching out!

Can I Add a gif to the canvas main?

You cannot currently add GIFs to the canvas but I can add it to my backlog. If this is an urgent/must-have request, please PM me and we can see how we might be able to make this happen. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi Alex,
Thank you for your reply.
@alex4 I also wanted to know whether I can add clickable elements to canvas main, so that I can capture the response from the slides.

@alex4 Most of the fonts included in Bubble don’t seem to work on your tool. Is there a way to add additional font functionality?

@alex4 Also if you have “Backspace=delete element” enabled, there’s no way to backspace while editing text. Is there a way you could differentiate between a text box being selected and the actual text being currently edited?

@alex4

• Ability to add Bold, Italic, Underline, line height and alignment options to text
  • The ability to add custom SVG shapes
  • Edit element opacity
  • Snap elements and show grid lines when centered on canvas

Hi
I sent you a pm. Could you come back to me please ?

@deliriousmiles hey there, please look out for a PM from me!

@eple0030 I’ve responded to your PM (it looks like your editor link is private)