Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

[New Plugin Updates] Drawing & Painting Canvas

Update in v1.33.0: Added a workflow action called "Set Canvas’s Dimensions"

Hi all, you can now set the canvas’s dimensions via a workflow action by specifying the width and height of the canvas in pixels. Let me know if you have any questions!

FYI @ehr.nucleon who requested this feature!

Best,
Alex

1 Like

Thanks, @alex4,

It was easier to trigger a custom event when a popup was closed instead of having a “When Canvas-Drawing/PaintingCanvas A has been modified”. All works perfect.

Great plugin, btw :grinning: :computer:

How can I delete a file from the canvas? How do I find the file(s)?

@hacker sounds like you figured it out!

How can I delete a file from the canvas? How do I find the file(s)?

Could you please clarify what you mean by file? Do you mean image?

Yes, sorry. I mean that the image(s) that I add to the canvas. When I a user wants to delete the Type Canvas with one field (text). How can I first delete the images inside that canvas and then the text?

Also, the action of “Load serialized canvas” takes like 4 seconds, can you please add a “Loading” state for inserting an alert when “Loading” or something?

And is it possible to add “background color” transition to the canvas?

Is there a way to download a zip with png´s from a list of canvas?

Really appreciate all the help, @alex4

1 Like

Yeah, it’s great for me too, I love it… Making a few adjustments will be enough. I downloaded royalty free vector images, and I started using them to make better stuff.
I am still kind of new to doing this. I used to make simple designs, but you have to improve when you start doing this for money.
There are a lot of people on freelance websites willing to pay you money for this kind of work. The bad thing is when someone wants you to do something you don’t really know how to do. Still, learning is not something I am afraid of, and I am sure I will manage to deal with the problem.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words @meanstim76 and @aileen_carbonell12!

Don’t hesitate to reach out with more feedback and/or questions!

Alex

Update in v1.34.0: Added two new states: Canvas’s Current Height and Canvas’s Current Width

Hi all, added two new states that should hopefully be helpful for your use cases. In the last update, users can set the canvas’s dimensions via workflow action. I’ve added two new states on the canvas to expose the Canvas’s current height and width in pixels so you can save those two your database and reload the canvas in a specific height/width.

Let me know if you have any feedback!
Alex

Hey, @alex4,

Do you have any updates on this?

Also, the canvas gets frozen on the “Clear Canvas” color when:

1. Load c_1 (Type Canvas) on Canvas A (element)
  2. Clear Canvas A (element)
  3. Load c_2 (Type Canvas) on Canvas A (element)
  4. Then here it gets frozen. It unfreezes when I click on Canvas

Apparently, the “Load Canvas” and “Clear Canvas” are a bit slow.

Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face: :computer:

@hacker I’ll take a look tomorrow and get back to you!

1 Like

Hi @alex4 ,

Just to let you know: We are also very much looking forward to image cropping and filter features!!

Thx for your great work! :slight_smile:

Hey @hacker I updated the undo/redo feature in the latest update (v1. 34.1). Feel free to take a look. I’ll check out the other issues you’ve reported and get back to you.

@zetagastro great to hear you’re excited about those features! Will keep you all posted here as those are rolled out!

Alex

1 Like

Thanks @alex4 ,

I already updated the plugin but still experiencing some unexpected behaviours:

1. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FqB475ejnR4iV9Xci0u0DAMZ7fPj0uw7/view
  2. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uBFaZOlZI8-78bgQbgwKJ5PKawu6_SXB/view

Perfect, thanks for your help

Hi @alex4 ,

Can I somehow adjust or disactivate this feature? I am using a german keyboard and an element is only deleted with the “backwards” key and not the “delete” key - which also presents a problem when the user is writing a text to add it to the canvas - as soon as he wants to correct, it is deleted …

Thx!

Hi @zetagastro – yes, I’ll be adding a feature that allows users to set whether or not the “backwards” key deletes elements on the canvas.

Will make an announcement when ready!

1 Like

Great, thank you!!

Update in v1.37.0: Ability to customize whether Backspace key deletes the selected element(s)

Hi all, just pushed another update that enables you to set whether the Backspace key on your keyboard deletes selected elements. The default of this value is “yes”. Thanks for the request @zetagastro!

Alex

1 Like

Hey, @alex4,

I have two questions:

1. How does the Scale All Elements a Canvas works?

2. Is it possible for you to implement a native color picker (iOS, macOS, iPadOS, Android, Windows, etc…)?

Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face: :computer:

Hi @alex4 - just wondering if you can create shapes over an image? In your test version I can draw but I’m having trouble with shapes :slight_smile:

Hi @hacker – thanks for reaching out again!

1. I just added a description in the action for the Scale All Elements action. This workflow action scales all the elements inside of the canvas by a positive number. So, for example, if you set it to 0.5 the size of all of those elements will be halved. If you set it to 2, then the size of all of those elements will double.
  2. What is the difference between the color picker you’re requesting here and the color picker that comes with the plugin?

@equibodyapp – thanks for the note! There was a minor implementation bug regarding the background image and it should now be fixed. You should now be able to draw shapes on top of the image. Take a look and let me know what you think!

Great, thanks. How can I do to have a responsive canvas. That looks the same on a phone and a computer?

Ohh think this can be faster (to load and to develop), right?

Also, two more questions.

1. Can the Selectable option in Add Image to Canvas be changeable? For example, when a user want to upload an image that wants to move around (Selectable = yes), resize and reposition the image, and then lock it (Selectable = no), and have the option to unlock the image again (Selectable = yes).

2. What are the steps when I want to autosave the Canvas?
    I´ve tried When Canvas has been modified save as serialization, then When serialization has been generated and there I make changes, but it deletes all.

Thanks again