[New Template] Mobile UI components library

Hi Damian,

Thanks for all the answers and as you figured they provided the answer I needed and figured some things out on my own.

Can you share the map implementation with me without your api key? It was one of the reasons I bought your template in the first place.

As for maps. Do you know by any change how to get a near real time auto complete search box in which you type a city and via the Google API I can get all the info within separate fields in my Bubble app? The Google places plugin from Bubble needs to go over the server which is taking too much time for users.

Great template btw!

Hi @sem: I will send you a separate link over the weekend.
Cheers
Dj

1 Like

Hi Damian,

Can you send me the maps solution?

And I also wanted to ask you help with what I think is an issue introduced by your template. When using the search box from bubble, an autocomplete box drops down. Because the keyboard on iPhone pops up it pushes the autocomplete box up with the hight of the keyboard. Making the whole box not usable anymore.

Perhaps it has to do with your decision to use floating elements for the pages?

Anyway, great template!

I solved this issue. This template uses floating groups for all the pages (SPA). This is causing an issue with the keyboard. As soon as the keyboard slides up to enter someting in the search box, the autocomplete dropdown is pushed upwards. I solved this now by changing the page with a search box from floating group to a normal group.

@d9999 is my solution safe in your template? Since you have used floating groups and I have now made one page (SPA) a normal group there might be issues in other areas I have not yet encoutered. Please let me know.

Sent you a DM @sem
W/r to the group vs. floating group question: Yes, using groups instead of floating groups should work well. The older version of the template was built on groups. Should be no problem at all. FGs have the advantage that they don’t move when the user drags over the screen with their finger. For a native app, this feels a little bit better but other than that no issues.
Cheers
Dj

Edit: realized there were a few paid plugins. That fixed the “missing element” issue. The only issue remaining is that the video will not play until I tap the screen. It’s a blank gray page but once I tap the video appears. Any ideas?

Original post:

Hey there! Purchased the template the other night and very impressed with the overall architecture and slick design.

Quick question regarding the video feed - when I preview it, it says “missing element” in the top left and middle. If I click in the middle, the video will display but it still says “missing element”.

It is also not “scrolling” as it was in the demo. It is acting a normal webpage scroll and not the tiktok snap scroll.

I am currently on a free plan but other than that not quite sure what would be causing it. The plug-ins look to be installed but are there any additional ones I need to make it work? This was the behavior when it was a clean install. Any ideas?

I guess you are still missing a workflow that was linked to one of the missing plugins. Can you compare your workflows to the original template?

@d9999
I also tried to find out how to play automatically with sound.

The URLs below are references.

Apparently, if you play the video after playing silence, it will be possible to automatically play the silent audio = muted state.

Based on the above document, is it possible to automatically play with sound?

無音を鳴らして自動再生ポリシーをアンロックする - console.lealog();
iOSでのオーディオ再生制限の解除方法いろいろ - Qiita
<audio>: 埋め込み音声要素 - HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN
Way to autoplay audio on html5 · GitHub
How to enable autoplay with sound in all browsers in 2019

hey @bubblenocodebubble
Playing automatically with sound is not allowed by most mobile browsers. See here for some more information around the policies

Hey, @d9999 appreciate the response! The issue was pretty intermittent, some times would work other times would not. However, it does appear to be working consistently now so I think we are good. The workflow matches the original as well, just checked.

Thank you!

1 Like

Is it possible for the reels to play the video automatically with sound when you swipe to the next video? So it’s okay when you open the reels that there is no autoplay, but you have to click once on the screen to start the video directly with sound. But when you swipe to the next video, the video should play automatically with sound.

I have tried this by removing the muted attribute, which works until the third or fourth video, but after that it plays all the sounds from all the videos at the same time somehow.

Any suggestions?

Hi @Yalcin

I think this should be possible with some adjustemts to the js code - let me give it a try and come back to you later this week?

Best
Damian

1 Like

no luck so far. can get it to work for the first couple of videos, but sooner or later, the security protocol kicks in again and does not let the unmuted videos autoplay. Does anyone have a solution here?

It seems that I can’t get to the cancel button in your demo. Also, this element doesn’t disappear once you scroll to the next video

Thanks a lot for the hint @gaffneyantonio ! Will fix this in the next iteration!

Hi @d9999 I just bought the template and get flashes of the splash screen regularly when I navigate the app (I haven’t modified anything yet), would you have any idea why it does this ?

Thanks a lot

I actually updated the conditions on page load workflow (I added the same conditions used in step 2 to step3 and 4) and it removed the splash screen flashes (basically every time we opened another view, the splash screen was appearing 3 seconds later and disappearing right away)

1 Like

Hey @d9999 ,

I’m having the same issue as bubble43 in which a gray page is only displayed for each video, and the video only plays whenever I tap the screen or click on the expand icon.

I checked the workflows that you mentioned in your previous comment and they are just like the ones in the template.

Do you have any ideas on how could I fix this?

Thanks!

thanks! this is probably related to the audio setting, as most browsers don’t allow auto play when audio is on. did you by any chance remove the ‘muted’ attribute?

iam also getting this problem and i dont quite understand how to fix this…