News.takeside.io | Interactive NBA News, Statistics, Trends & More!

Hey everyone!

After a few month of development and lot’s of help from you all on the forum I am super excited to officially launch the news.takeside.io website.

This site leverages a ton of bubbles powerful features and is honestly made possible by @alex4 's beautiful Chart JS Plugin. I highly recommend if your app is serious about data visualization.

Anyways, Take a look around! The platform is updated live with real time statistics from ongoing games. It even pulls live scores and populates the game page when games go live in the evening.

The desktop experience is definitely superior, but I am pretty proud with how much of the functionality I was able to retain in the mobile experience.

In the sidebar menu, you will notice a ‘Feedback’ Button. If you would like, any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all and I hope you enjoy!

2 Likes

Wow… data visualization, indeed. That is one badass site, man. I don’t know jack about basketball, but let me know when you make a site like that for hockey, will ya? :wink:

Congrats on your launch!

1 Like

Hey @ben – takeside is looking great! Great to see the evolution of the app since I first saw it.

So happy to hear that it’s been made possible by the Chart JS plugin – don’t hesitate to reach back out with requests!

Alex

1 Like

@mikeloc Appreciate it man! I hope to cover all sports at some point but this was a beast of a project and I need a quick breather haha. I’ll keep you posted!

Holy moly shit geez that looks amazing! The app version was made in bubble too???

1 Like

Are you talking about: ‎TakeSide: Fan-Fueled NBA News on the App Store?

That app was not made in bubble and actually provides an entirely different ‘Take’ on interactive sports news. It’s worth checking out! The app is based on ‘Taking Sides’ and is more of gamified sports news. The web app (Bubble version, news.takeside.io) is more focused on in depth statistics and trends.

The two make a pretty nice duo :smile:

1 Like

I’m curious about something, how did you archive this search box functionality? I think it looks amazing. I’m trying to do the same, but bubble doesn’t provide a search box like that

@willyfvn The basic principle:

1. use a standard input box and nest it inside a group.

2. Create a focus group with a repeating group with 1 column and 1 row. Set it to ‘Full List’, design your search result row.

3. Set the data source of the repeating group to the results from the plugin: ZQ Fuzzy Search & Autocomplete Plugin for Bubble | Plugin for Bubble by Zeroqode
    (place the plugin anywhere on the page and check to box that sets it data to an input field. Make sure you set the element ID of your input field.)

4. When the parent group of the input field is pressed, show the focus group.

5. When a search result row is pressed, hide the search group and perform some action. In my case I display clicked cell’s player data in an ‘overlay’ group which causes the illusion the player is being placed in the input group.

Hope that helps! Thank you for the kind words and Let me know if you have any other questions!

1 Like

And then you use the input box values to do the search. That’s awesome I’ll try that. Thank you so much for your detailed instructions.

1 Like