Hi Team - I’m wondering if anyone would be open to guiding me on how to set up newsletter sign up & email confirmation with SendGrid. I’ll layout how I’m approaching this and where I’m stuck. I’d really value any help if someone has time.
- I have an Input Email field on the app.
- When user inputs their email & hits a button, I have a workflow which: a) “Add Contact to List” (SendGrid Contacts plugin); and b) “Send email” (SendGrid plugin) to the email the user inputted.
- Next I want the user to be able to click on a link in the email and be taken back to my app, while in the background I tag that email as “confirmed”.
This is where I get stuck, for the following reasons:
- The Design editor in Sendgrid doesn’t appear to let me create dynamic links (so I can only see a way to create a fixed link, which wouldn’t help me confirm their particular email address).
- I’m not sure how to send their email address as a parameter back to my app when they click the confirmation link (so I can show different messages if they have clicked it first time (confirmation successful) or a 2nd time (tell them that they have already confirmed the email).
I’m happy to answer any questions. I think this must be quite easy but I’m just stuck in how to do it.
Thank you for your time.