Number of variable inputs

Hello everyone.

I am calling on you for a problem that I cannot resolve. I want to create an equipment checkpoint solution.

For each piece of equipment, I have defined checkpoints. The problem is that the number of equipment increases over time.

For example, for a car I have to check its tires, the condition of its doors and its steering wheel.
For a motorcycle, I have to check the stand and the saddle.

How would you go about doing this?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,
Would be better if your share more details.

But, I would start creating 2 options set - type (car, motorcycle), equipments. In this last you can apply an attribute type to associate each equipment with a type.

You will need a table to register these checks applies for the user, like this:
Table Checks with the fields: user, check (y/n), equipment (option set)

After this, create your layout and workflows to check.

At least is a good start :slight_smile:

Regards

To be more precise, I have 4 possible equipment to check (example):

• Car
  • Motorbike
  • Boat
  • Trailer

For cars, I have 8 checkpoints:

• Belt
  • Wheel
  • Door
  • Windshield

For motorcycles, I have 6 checkpoints.
For boats, 9 points.
For trailers, 4 point.

The idea is that at the end of my checkpoints, I indicate whether the equipment is good or in bad condition, the date of the check and the date of the next check.

I have already created a form to create the car, motorcycle or boat in my database.

Now I would like to succeed in such a way that either I can select all (or some) of my cars and say that everything is OK.

Either select car by car (or motorcycle by motorcycle, etc.) and validate the check.

Is it clearer this way?

For the moment I have created 2 databases: one for the type (vehicle, motorcycle, etc.) and one for the control with all my control criteria.

But is this the right approach?

I created an equipment database. Another check.

I created a page with a popup that contains my repeating group. But I can’t go any further, I can’t assign an input to the check…

should I create a datatype for each equipment check? A car check, a motorcycle check, etc.?