[Old] Single link divert to different pages?

Not sure if this is even possible.

I have a list of Customers in a ‘My Customers’ popup and if you click on a Customer’s name you will go to that customers page.

Frank Smith – > Frank Smith details

I also have a form where Users can email a customer, they can choose a Customer by opening a ‘My Customers’ popup, now if they click on a customer name I want them to go back to the form, not to that customers page!

Frank Smith – > Back to form

Can I use a condition to say where the Customer name should go to based on where the User came from before landing on the ‘My Customers’ popup?

Use states for this. Depending on the use case, you set that state of the popup to hold a value.

Then when clicking on a name, you navigate them to the proper place based on the state value.

T
Learn no code → nocodify.com

Thank you, I will give that a try :slight_smile:

Any chance you can give me a starting guide as I am unsure where to begin. I have a single page app in the index page. I have created a CustomState "customersState ".

Now, on the Customers RG I have added to the Workflow "Link to X page only when index customersState is "XYZ"

The XYZ doesn’t matter for now, just a quote name.

But what do I do next?

Yes. So for the other use case you would set the same state to a different value, and navigate them elsewhere based on the state value.

Maybe I’m not understanding your use case, but states should definitely be able to solve this issue.

This is the part I need help on. I admit I am a novice and find custom states difficult. I don’t know how to navigate based on a state? I think you have understood my use case perfectly, I just don’t know what to do!

Basically when they click on the name, you’d have a workflow:

1. Navigate to X (only when state value = X)
  2. Navigate to Y (only when state value = Y)

It would be in the same workflow, just 2 steps.

1 Like